• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug CTD: Grand Entrance

So that's a confirmed problem, then? DAMMIT!
Someone please post it as Confirmed on the Bug Tracker. :( :( :(

I think it might have something todo with the >2gb adressesses we allowed since 3.0 or 3.1 cause this could result in a overflow but I need to check it out. could you provide me with a savegame prior to this cutscene so I can see what happens?

Why would that particular situation be so heavy on the game to crash it though? It's just a port scene, some characters, two ships and a video playing before it. :shock

Why would that particular situation be so heavy on the game to crash it though? It's just a port scene, some characters, two ships and a video playing before it. :shock
Well if the complete video is loaded into the ram maybe? I can imagine the storm engine being so crappy it first loads the whole video in the memory before it plays it, and if it isn't removed afterward it might cause problems. But have to look into the code.

It used to work though. So it must be some relatively recent change.

Just tried this again and can't confirm it. The whole cutscene played and then the game went on.
So for now I'd say its a problem on your side.

Back