• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Curios about Iron Man

tobmic

Landlubber
Greetings im new to potc and nh and I was curios how many of you play in Iron Man mode and how do you manage to get from one island to another without a good compass and a sextan ?
Also can you encounter other ships when sailing from Island A to B, and if how frequent ?
And is it possible to complete missions before they expire ?

Havent got much time to play and test things out yet but im looking forward to a nice Iron man / Hardcore game where I dont findmyself savescumming as I used to in coas :)

Iron man mode is just that. Tuff. Without a compass you really need to know where the island is before you start out as it can be missed entirely. But a compass becomes available from merchants pretty quickly.
The sextant and chronometer gives you the ships position on the map, but they come later.

Yes you do encounter other ships while in direct sail and their frequency varies from every hour to several days.

You have 30 days to complete merchant missions and you will only get close to that if you are sailing between the two farthest apart ports. Of course bad luck can also put you over time.

Back