• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Customizing the main character in build mod

kwiatolec

Landlubber
Hi!
I found "New Horizons Tutorials & History" in game documentation, but in tutorial "Customizing the main character" is said that "If you use the build all of this is different and none of this is useful to you."

So I would like to ask you were I can find how to customize my character when I use build mod 14?

Hi @kwiatolec: I can't remember what the PDF says, but in the Build customization is extremely easy.
Assuming you have the latest version, you can click on just about anything in te Select Storyline Interface and you'll open up a menu where you can choose what you want.
This allows you to:
- Choose your starting date and period (Free Play storyline only)
- Choose your character and ship name
- Choose your character model from pretty much every character in the game
- Choose your ship model from all small ships available in your current period (if you ENABLE_CHEATMODE, the "small ship limitation" is lifted and you can choose also the big ones)
- Choose starting nationality (you can change flags and loyalties later in mid-game as well)
- Choose player type, which controls starting skills, items and (Free Play only) scenario as well
- Choose Personal and Pirate flag design (you can change this in mid-game too)

Oh, I forgot to say that I'm talking about editting files, but I figure out it.
I think this thread could be closed or even deleted.

The one thing you can't do from the "Select Storyline" interface, which that part of the manual describes, is give yourself whatever equipment you want. You can do that by editing "PROGRAM\console.c". Near the top, right after this line:
Code:
int limit;
Add whatever you like. In particular, to give yourself an item, look up what it's called in "PROGRAM\ITEMS\initItems.c". Then add a command like this to "console.c":
Code:
GiveItem2Character(PChar, "blade9");
Replace "blade9" with whatever you want to give yourself. In the game, press F12 to run the console code, and if you typed it correctly, you should now have your chosen item.

Edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h". There are all sorts of settings in there. The one you want is:
Code:
#define   ALLOW_LOCKED_PERKS               1       // BOOL    - Default = 1, If 1 perks can be locked. If 0 no perks can be locked.
Change that to 0 and all abilities will be unlocked.

Back