• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Danielle does not appear in Port Royal Tavern

York2016

Landlubber
After the whole steal a French Frigate and losing an important chest to immortal pirates thing, Danielle and her officer does not spawn when i enter the tavern afterward and i am stuck in there now.
system.log seems to have something interesting "Warning: NPCharacter -> trace node not found"(ALOT of these) and "Can't load texture resource\textures\CHARACTERS\3205125B00.TGA.tx"
Can't seem to deciper what error.log is saying though.

Using Build 14 Beta 2.5.

Attachments

• system.log
    54.7 KB · Views: 183
  • error.log
    5.5 KB · Views: 219
  • compile.log
    8 KB · Views: 195
All sorts of 'CharacterFromID' stack error as if there is a character missing. Unfortunately my code to tell us which character is missing isn't in Beta 2.5.
You might want to try this instead: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/
New game required, but a LOT less chance of quest errors.

Alright i'll take a look at that, thanks. Being Curious, i took a look at Beta 2.5s and 3 WIP 12's quests_reaction.c for the standard storyline and there doesn't seem to be any code which spawns danielle in the "redmond"/Port Royal tavern after completing the quest with Tobias, only for Isla Muelle/Puerto Rico unless that's handled by some other code somewhere else.
EDIT- Disregard that, i found it farther down, it does not seem to be executing properly, i'll take a look at Beta 3 WIP 12 and see if the same happens.

Huh. Danielle worked for me the last time I played that storyline 2 months ago. I could not find anything about Danielle and Redmond either.

Huh. Danielle worked for me the last time I played that storyline 2 months ago. I could not find anything about Danielle and Redmond either.

Since that was before 2.5 Light my guess is that something messed up the quests_reaction code for the standard storyline when the team was working on that build, it does say that the last time someone modified quests_reaction was 6/17/13 so it might have gotten messed up then.
I think someone should compare the two files between 2.5/3.0 and 2.3/2.4 to check for differences in code regarding Danielle and her Officer, because neither of them appear in the tavern but Charles the Bartender does

EDIT: The code for Danielle and her officer in quests_reaction starts at line 3363 as of Beta 2.5, i think it might be the goto2 and goto3 locators that are not working properly.
Charles Windem, the bartender's goto1 locators work because he is there in the tavern but the other two aren't.
Of Course, I could be entirely wrong because i don't really know what locators do...

did you already speak with barbossa and gave him the chest? I remember that you CAN use fast travel to the tavern from the governors house. Danielle will not appear until barbossa has the chest ;)

did you already speak with barbossa and gave him the chest? I remember that you CAN use fast travel to the tavern from the governors house. Danielle will not appear until barbossa has the chest ;)

Yes i did, i actually gave the chest to him like 5 different times, often giving it to him without a fight because i want to fix this first and constantly reloaded my save just in case it was a fluke.

EDIT: Knowing my luck there's probably a story breaking bug in all the other storylines too because as soon as i decided to go through the "Brinkley" Branch Storyline in the POTC storyline with 2.5 there's a story breaking bug regarding Eastwood(thankfully that's fixed in B3.0 WIP). When i go through the standard Storyline there's a story breaking bug, i wonder if i go through Hornblower if there's a story breaking bug there too.

I still have the beta 2.3 installer, so later today I will look into this. Methinks Pieter has already moved on to other things.

hm strange I got the standard story through from Beta 2.3 to Beta 3 and had never any non-executing quests or sth like that :shrug

hm strange I got the standard story through from Beta 2.3 to Beta 3 and had never any non-executing quests or sth like that :shrug

Does that include 2.5 full run through?

Well the only thing i modified regarding the standard storyline is Danielle's Stats and Ship and i highly doubt that would cause it to happen. Again, it might be a locator problem with the tavern that may have been fixed with B3, i'll go check once i stop being lazy and merge my modded files with B3 WIP

yes I got through with beta 2.5, too.. modifiying her stats... maybe you accidentally messed up something there...

yes I got through with beta 2.5, too.. modifiying her stats... maybe you accidentally messed up something there...

Yes but that wouldn't explain why her Officer wouldn't appear at least, i didn't modify anything regarding him because there's really no point he's going to die anyways, and i don't think the quests_reaction code relies on them both being able to spawn or they won't spawn, i think it spawns whoever it can.

It could have been one of those random quest problems. Those should be fixed or at the very least MUCH less common in Beta 3 WIP 12.
Also that WIP version contains some code to let us know WHICH character is missing if it DOES happen again.
So that'd allow us to pin-point this problem properly.

It could have been one of those random quest problems. Those should be fixed or at the very least MUCH less common in Beta 3 WIP 12.
Also that WIP version contains some code to let us know WHICH character is missing if it DOES happen again.
So that'd allow us to pin-point this problem properly.

I'll go run through it with B3 WIP 12 after i merge it with my modded files(primarily ship,cannon,item, etc. init files) and see if the issue still stands on my end.

I have modded ship_ini, modded cannons, modded items and my work from "making citizen dialogs" and added my own music. But all worked fine :shrug
It seems like my game likes me :D

I have modded ship_ini, modded cannons, modded items and my work from "making citizen dialogs" and added my own music. But all worked fine :shrug
It seems like my game likes me :D

Who are you? Jack Aubrey? Get out of here...jk
It's probably just sloppy modding on my end, i'm a complete noob when it comes to modding and you probably have much more experience than me. again, i'll go check it out later...
For now, i'll just go and play with Mare and the Conqueror.

naah, I began with nearly zero experience. (Okay I modded Battlefield 2 very much, I could make a Tank fly :p ) but I did that only with value-changes as I did here. Only exception are my cannons because I created completely new ones.
besides that, (wrong) modded ships, cannons or items won't break the quest code :no
if you really did something wrong, the game would have told you, and not in the good way :p
Maybe you want to try my standard-storyline files? I don't remember that I ever changed something in there but there has to be a reason that all works with me and others have only quest-errors :shrug

naah, I began with nearly zero experience. (Okay I modded Battlefield 2 very much, I could make a Tank fly :p ) but I did that only with value-changes as I did here. Only exception are my cannons because I created completely new ones.
besides that, (wrong) modded ships, cannons or items won't break the quest code :no
if you really did something wrong, the game would have told you, and not in the good way :p
Maybe you want to try my standard-storyline files? I don't remember that I ever changed something in there but there has to be a reason that all works with me and others have only quest-errors :shrug
Yeah i think that might help, i'll go check with B3 WIP 12 first then i'll revert and try your files, if it doesn't work.

Back