• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Danielle Storyline

Semaphore

Landlubber
Hi, do we know if anyone has seriously looked into what state Akella's planned Danielle quest line was at in the stock game? Because I recall looking through the files on a stock copy of the game some years ago, and noticing that there were quite a few dialog files for the Danielle storyline, as well as the unused character select screen. Is any of the story actually playable, or are there just the dialogs?
Thanks

I don't think anyone is looking at this.

I thought that Akella originally had the main story playable by either a Male or Female hero but this was dumped when Disney took over the game. So the famale playable character was never fully developed.

:shrug

Akella had originally intended to have two playable storylines, the one that made it into the final game, and another from the perspective of Danielle Greene. There are some dialog files leftover from the Danielle story, as well as the code and graphics for a character select screen (where Nathaniel Hawk is still called "Blaze Devlin"). I'm just not sure if anything is in a functional state, or it's just dialog text. :shrug

I think we re-enabled pretty much everything that was in a semi-ready state. There was some near-completed sidequests that were disabled that have been enabled.
But the Danielle storyline is a different case; unless I'm very much mistaken, there isn't much of that anywhere in the game, other than a clue here and there that the intention did exist. :facepalm

Ah, OK. Wasn't the character Ralph Fawn supposed to play a bigger role in the Danielle story? Reading the dialog file "danielle_sailor_dialog.h", seems like it is setting things up for when Nathaniel meets Danielle and Ralph in the tavern. Suppose it explains why there is a unique skin for an NPC that dies the first time you meet him.

I imagine so. There was a lot of stuff that never happened. I read an old preview on SubSim once; probably still is there somewhere: http://www.subsim.com/ssr/seadogs2/seadogs2_1.htm
There's mention of some things I definitely do NOT remember seeing in the game for real! :shock

I remember skimming through the code a couple times and finding several "suspicious" lines as well. In terms of content, the Danielle storyline appeared to have been abandoned at some point. Doing some research, I discovered that it was Akella's original intention to create a separate campaign that follows the story from her point of view, however the ending (Cozumel missions) were pretty much going to be a duplicate of "Blaze Devlin's".

Back