• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Dauntless and Interceptor Texture Upgrades

Legendary_Spider

Why is the rum always gone?
2D Artist
Provisional
Storm Modder
Wasn't sure where to upload these, but here's my progress on the Interceptor's face lift. Still have more to do, but you can see the yellow parts are the high res planking I used on my previous texturing projects and the stern decoration you can see the difference between the old low res version and the new high res one I'm applying.

Fullscreen capture 8312012 35909 AM.jpg
Fullscreen capture 8312012 35924 AM.jpg

Good work! :onya Would this be better in its own thread in the more open modelers forum?

Didn't seem like a big enough thing for it's own thread to me. But I don't know. Stick it where you like. I just wasn't sure. :shrug

Here's a little more progress on the stern. There's not many Interceptor pics out there. Thankfully, there's a wealth of Lady Washington pics.

Fullscreen capture 8312012 45453 AM.jpg

Moved to its own thread, also in preparation for the Dauntless work coming later. ;)

She looks very good so far, mate! Thanks for doing this. :bow

Of course! It's my pleasure. Besides, I need something to do while waiting on the Dutchman. :wp
So what are the Royal Navy colors? Black and yellow? Or is there some blue in there? At times parts of the interceptor look black and at times it looks blue. So idk which to go with.

Yeah I pulled a bunch of images off there already. They haven't been of much help save to help me get the colors right. I've actually gotten more help from pics of the Lady Washington in her normal state. Maybe when I'm done, I can do a Lady Washington texture. She sailed in the 1780's and 90's.

Here's more progress on the Interceptor. Now I just gotta finish up the stern and see what I can do for the figurehead. I used that same optical illusion technique for the stripes that I did on the BP and QAR to make them seem three-demensional and not flat.

Fullscreen capture 972012 82526 AM.jpg

Cool, she looks very smart with those planks. :onya

Here's to hoping! :cheers

I wonder how they're intending to handle the ship situation in a PotC 5.
If Jack succeeds in getting the Pearl back, then aren't the Queen Anne's Revenge and Black Pearl going to end up in the same film?
That'll be annoying, considering they've got only one hull for the two ships. So that means they're probably going to leave out one of the two.
But which one?

Check this out, mates! The Sunset's on the move! Perhaps to be refitted as the Pearl again? :bounce
It looks as though they've cut down the stern to a 'somewhat familiar' shape, so it's looking hopeful. :woot
(Unless of course, it just went under a low bridge.)

It looks like a modern power boat with a half a galleon on top. Those types of facade hulls are cheaper to maintain, and I know of two or three others like that. Hulls like that can't sail, and are only for display.

So anyway... how are the new Dauntless and Interceptor textures coming along? Is there anything we can include in the next update, yet?

Back