• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Dauntless bug

I was just playing the Jack Sparrow campaign and after the Curse of the Black Pearl quest the Dauntless is at the sea and it attacked me. I've boarded the ship but in the cabin I couldn't talk to Norrington to take the ship and if I shoot him he won't die either so I can't take his ship and I want it because I love it!

If it isn't working, you aren't supposed to take it at that point. That doesn't sound like a bug.
So, in short, too bad.

But the ship attacked me in the bay, must I flee then? It's all after the end movie when Jack get on the Black Pearl.

I'm sorry I ask my questions at the wrong place, I still can't find the right one

I don't know anything about that movie, but from what you're saying, you want a ship that Jack didn't get at the end of the movie. Therefore, it would stand to reason that the storyline won't let you get that ship. There's probably nothing you can do about it.

What is the Dauntless even DOING there? She shouldn't be there anymore. :shock

You can still buy her from Vanderdecken.

Really, yeah it is at Rocky Shore an attacks me after finishing the Curse of the Black Pearl quest and escape from the fort.

Can I buy the Interceptor and the Flying Dutchman and the La Courrone there too by Vanderdecken? I really need to sail there but that twister still afraids me a little bit....

They're all there, except La Couronne because she is not a special ship.

What twister are you going on about? It's just foggy there. Bad winds are just bad luck.

How can I get La Couronne then?

I mean the twister who apprears out of nowhere after I have buy a ship with Vanderdecken. When I go outside again there is a twister and this has happen everytime I buy something from him or is this just bad luck?

Oh wait, you're right; there IS a storm programmed in. Completely forgot about that.
It is this line in PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Hendrick Vanderdecken_dialog.c:
Code:
SetNextWeather("Day Storm");
Just delete that if you don't like it.

You must first to the sea and then to the world map so you must survive the twister.

How can I get the La Couronne?

And if you guys change something in the build or fix bugs must I download, install and play the game from the beginning then?
I really hope not.

And in the walkthrough of Jack Sparrow I read there's a third shore at Isla de Muerta but I can't go there and I use build 14 beta 3

I just go straight to the world map and don't bother with the storm.
Yup! Its what I do too. :yes:onya
And if you guys change something in the build or fix bugs must I download, install and play the game from the beginning then?
I really hope not.
It depends. But it will be labeled if a NEW GAME is needed or recommended.
And in the walkthrough of Jack Sparrow I read there's a third shore at Isla de Muerta but I can't go there and I use build 14 beta 3
Third shore, huh? That's a first. And I'm a little bit curious. I have not visited Hendrick for quite a while now.

Yes it was in one of the walkthroughs and it was called something like White Shore but I can't sail to that shore, so I don't get it myself

There is a third shore coded in, but there is NEVER anything to do there, so I just hid it as it has exactly zero purpose.

Indeed whether a new game is required or not depends on the type of fix. :shrug

Back