• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Davy Jones - Missing his Dialog head

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
After Beckett destroys the Wicked Wench -- Meet & talk to Davy Jones.

There is no head of Davy Jones in the box on the left of the dialog screen - I am sure he had one in earlier versions :?

That is actually intentional:
Code:
			if(GetAttribute(pchar, "Davy") == "helped")
{
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Davy Jones")].model = "9JC";
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Davy Jones")].headmodel = "h_9JC";
}
else
{
SetNextWeather("Super Fog"); // PB
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Davy Jones")].headmodel = ""; // PB
}
He gets his head back shortly after:
Code:
		case "Join_with_Barbossa_for_Cortez_Treasure":
if(GetAttribute(pchar, "Davy") != "helped") Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Davy Jones")].headmodel = "h_DavyJones"; // PB
The reason for this is that we wanted your first encounter with Davy Jones to be rather mysterious,
so Jack wouldn't quite know if it's a dream or not, which explains why he would agree to the deal in the first place.
After all, how much would you like to strike a deal with a character who has a face that looks like a squid??? :shock
So I added the "Super Fog" weather do you would hardly be able to see Davy Jones and hid his head model to not give it away either.

K dude now i made the mision with lucas son of admiral and now i going to do the mision with his girlfriend.But when i met for the first time in this mission Davy Jones he use the old dialog(the dialog when he give my the black pearl).can anyoane help my?

K dude now i made the mision with lucas son of admiral and now i going to do the mision with his girlfriend.But when i met for the first time in this mission Davy Jones he use the old dialog(the dialog when he give my the black pearl).can anyoane help my?

I thought this bug had been fixed :facepalm there is a workround in this post -> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/15404-14b1-jack-sparrow-quest-troubles/page__view__findpost__p__363475

What philippe means I think is find the file Davy Jones_dialog.c in the folder Pirates of the Caribbean \ PROGRAM \ Dialogs

and Davy Jones_dialog.h in the folder Pirates of the Caribbean \ PROGRAM \ Dialogs \ English

and copy them to :

Pirates of the Caribbean \ PROGRAM \ Storyline \ LegendJackSparrow \ dialogs

and

Pirates of the Caribbean \ PROGRAM \ Storyline \ LegendJackSparrow \ dialogs \ English

Important

Save copies of the original Davy Jones_dialog C & H files in the 2 LegendJackSparrow folders somewhere safe first ( copy them back after you have done the quest )

The dialog might be slightly different ( saying Elizabeth Shaw instead of Justine Le Moigne & also saying go back to Cayman when it should be Martinique )

But hopefully it should get you past the bug.

Can you post if this works or not.

K now i finish the mission.I complete all mission in Hoist the Colors:DWhat are you going to do with this story in the future?

Good to know the fix worked :onya

Have you done all the Pirate Lord sidequests :mm

It is hoped to add the other Pirates of the Caribbean movies to the storyline eventually - but it will not happen soon :nk

:drunk

and dude there was a site where i can fiind all modeles of every ships.You know there was some version of Black Pearl , Razor version that guy who made for first time the cured pearl.Can you tell my the site?

Did you see the trailer of Pirates of Caribbean 4 On stranger tides? I think the new ship of Blackbeard will be much stronger that the Dutchman

Back