• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved "Debugger detected" issue

EyeCandyGames

Landlubber
Hey everyone!
Sorry if I'm posting this somewhere it doesn't belong, but I love POTC and have been trying to solve this myself for days, but what's happening is that whenever I run ENGINE.exe it gives me the 'debugger detected' message and closes itself down.

Now I've tried pretty much every method I could find both on this forum and other sites but nothing's worked so far. If someone has any idea what to do, please tell me because while I didn't do any original code (haven't learned programming yet), I have some fond memories of messing around with the code myself, messing around with stats, changing character models etc.

My antivirus is AVG Free (I read the FAQ but have no idea what settings to change) and I'm running Windows 7. (And no, I don't have Nero installed :D)
Sorry for any grammatical errors, English isn't my first language.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Completely unrelated, but I got my copy of POTC from a secondhand clothes shop in great condition (except the price label of course) on the counter being sold for what equates to about 1-2 US dollars. Seriously.

People have had issues with AVG and PotC before.
It's been a while though since anyone reported it.

Do you have any modpack installed?

It could be that Build 14 Beta 4 solves it.
I have a very vague recollection that we swapped out the ENGINE.EXE file with another one.
I don't remember it very well, but it's worth a try.

Back