• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Default controls -- help

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
I am trying to get the latest to work on my laptop since I am on the road for a few days and I have this problem.

I like land move to be controlled by the mouse buttons and land combat to be controlled by the space bar and the control key. Back in the olden days, that was the default and at some point it got changed to the current default which is land movement is "w" and "s" and combat is the mouse buttons. I have the old default controls saved and when I just copy that over the current section I get a run time error. When I try to edit the control file and save the changes the do not take. That is the changes are made and saved but do not effect the game.

Can anyone help.

why not just change it ingame using the controls menu?

Because when you try to change the controls in "fight mode" the menu is the same as land movement menu, that is forward movement, etc not attack and block. Changing controls in fight mode only appears to effect movement and not combat.

I always use the menu to change attack and block to space and control.
Pretty sure forward and backward movement is there too.

Every time I DL a new installer I have to reset the controls to my liking. Just dropping another one in there does not work for some reason, so i go into defaultcontrols.h and manually reset them every time. Tedious.

If you save your BuildDefaultControls.h file, you can put it back in after installing.
It doesn't get changed very often so that would generally work.

And if we should change the default controls themselves, that could also be done.

Back