• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Desktop bleeding through

shakey2

Landlubber
Ok first of all I'm on a laptop using an ATI radeon 3100 graphics card.

My first problem is when I launch the game in fullscreen my desktop bleeds through to the game. I can even click on desktop icons and taskbar items and it will switch to them.
My second problem is windowed mode doesn't work or rather it's not centered. It is in the bottom right corner where only the top left of the game window is visible and while this may be intentional(?) there is no border so I can't click and drag it to a position where I can see the entire game window.

I googled around for awhile but could not find anything even remotely similar to my problem. So sorry if the solution already exists somewhere but I couldn't find it.

The first problem sounds like quite a mystery to me.

The second one is familiar though, as I have had that myself as well.
For me, it happens when the game is booted but somehow is deselected.
Using "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" for the ENGINE.exe compatibility mode solves it for me.

Hahaha my computer is running Windows Vista Service Pack 2...
Did you mean XP service pack 2? otherwise I can't run compatibility for the OS I'm currently using ahaha :(

Edit: Ok so running in XP service pack 2 compatibility mode works, I get borderless windowed fullscreen(if that makes sense) and there is no bleed through like actual fullscreen. I'll report back after playing a bit to confirm it's fully working. Thanks for the tip.

I meant what I said because I'm on Windows 7 myself and didn't know what version you're on.
Anyway, give XP service pack 2 compatibility mode a try and see if that makes a difference.

Back