• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Destiny of pirate is back

ovahenort

Landlubber
Yea after long time im back to work on my mod(i was working on games like gta 4,sims 3,farming simulator etc) taked alot time for me but hey im back ill update my thingys here only on bigger parts of mods not for few text files changed anyway what things are new.I got separated mod (just for me lets say its like backup of only my mods).But now im working on gof 1.0+1.1+1.2 and i u all did great job but stil i need to complain on ships i know u had good intensions by em but still alot of em have model bug which cant be fixed easy let me explain:
1 - Sun is on right side and glowing from right side but ships are darker on right side where they are supossed to be light and dark on left side and thats very big prob to me becouse my weather mod cant be applyed to gof becouse all those ships and belive me on my words my weather is very very realistic i spended over 6 days without stop(without switching jobs) to get right colors to match fogs and sky,very detailed waves(amp1+amp2) and harmonics,new sea reflections+ sea bump ok to much talk :D

Link from old post if u need more info:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/coas-new-mod.15251/

Lol i forgot how to set code to show name instead full link >.>

Edited 24.6.2012 : Preparing SS and videos

All ships are textured in next way:

hull1 - old and rusty
hull2 - medium not old and not new
hull3 - brand new ship

all 3 hulls per ships use same textures but new,medium,and old

New sea - worked over 72h till i didnt get right waves/colors of sea (amp1,amp2,harmonics)
Improved sea reflections
Flares - brand new flares for sun,lamps,fonars,moon and sea reflection
Fully customized new interface
Customized mainmenu
Brand new Trailer implanted
Remade ships.init and ships.h files so now ship classes will be decided by their hull strenght and cannon quanity
Imported brand new weapons - guns,swords,blades,axes - fantasy weapons
Fixed few bugs with particles
More detailed particles
New ship flags(got transparency)
New sails opacity
Fountain,waterfall particles
new sea foam particles
more realistic smoke,fire
New fonts - used potc font
Added sail color and emblams(change em by dbl clicking on sails in ship interface) - implanted from aop:caribbean tales
Brand new Loading images(HD images with tips on em)
Edited start.exe(cant tell how) also implanted new engine startup background,new exe icon and new name of exe

Weapons,textures... : http://www.crocko.com/4D838E2719BB4C4D9A2CD477CCC15526/50_ss_preview.zip
Gameplay SS : http://www.crocko.com/5EB1B29878484D028C4A18FC52080DD9/pack_1.zip
http://www.crocko.com/03532A0ED7B544E2BD64B99132C930EF/Pack_2.zip

Edited 25.6.2012 : new stuff in mod
Ship Hebek - Bit wider and flater then xebek ss coming soon
Ship Trade Galeon - completly new ship prbly unseen so far here(i got it from russian site) its nice ss are coming
Few new characters - prbly some new locations
Remade some jungles ( added wood huts in some places - abondoned with ability to find stuff there)
I also got new town for england imported from potc also got it from russian site

Some ships for which i need ur opinions lol enoy
u2151.jpg
71pv9k.jpg
imtf87.jpg
trade galeon______________________________light schooner________________________________light xebec
Ok now the fun part xD
htwpb5.jpg
1zj4ll.jpg
6saqh5.jpg
catamaran___________________________________plot________________________________water fort
Added full colony upgrades
Added mines to islands
Added new items (example no more pots now food etc...rum is still in play dw)
10-15 new blades - 5-10 new guns - 5-10 new axes,
Upgraded old items - every item which was just for selling have part in gameplay
example - some of jewels ull be able to donate to church or bribe girls in brothel
Merchants at ports will pay good money for silver and gold from character items not goods
etc =)
added sails upgrades
added ship hull upgrades - but not like in aop ct it will be like lets say u just upgrade ur ship by newer look as i sad before
All ships are textured in next way:
hull1 - old and rusty
hull2 - medium not old and not new
hull3 - brand new ship
ScreenShots:
2w7lgy8.jpg
arena etaps
69dvtw.jpg
food icons
8vp253.jpg
colony arhitecture
dont ask me what i did to graphic i had alot troubles with ambient lights until i didnt figured it out why ambient light was blocked on all objects ingame and yes mates i do have now real shadows on all objects and can use normal mapping on textures.....
15r0ap5.jpg
colony structures 1
1z6fn2e.jpg
colony structures 2
5lx576.jpg
colony structures 3

Good to see you ovahenort, welcome back mate! :dance

I am no modder by any means, but I would think it would very much be possible to use the same particle effects from POTC, I really wouldn't have any clue how to do it though.

I think in theory it might be possible for each ship to have different crew, but I think the Dutchman and the Perl are unique ships, and you will find that kind of effort might really not be worth your time mate. But as I said before, I really am no modder :facepalm

PotC only allows different crew for ONE SINGLE SHIP in the game. Nothing can be done about that without the source code. Of course for CoAS we DO have the source code, but we haven't gotten much of anywhere with that yet. It would be great even if we could get it to compile properly and then make small adjustments as required. But no luck so far, it appears.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, PotC and CoAS use different particle systems, which doesn't make it easy to port over the effects. Too bad, because a lot of the ones in PotC indeed are very good.

The Akella tools are the GM Viewer, TX Converter and Maya export plugin. I can give you the password if you think you can use it. :doff

It is the file that seaward.ru sent us. I think it's got their AoP/CoAS sailorstool too, if I recall. The correct Maya plugin can't be found elsewhere as far as I know.

yea dont add to much objects couse then ull shadows will be totaly f...d that was most annoying thing to me also if u need any tips ask me :)

I still need info about these files:
loclighter.ini - This as far i know is for some kinda lights etc but i didnt notice any changes in game while testing(what for is this file)
particles.ini - we got 2 files of these in different folders i tryed to edit and test both but no visible changes in game(does this have any effect and where)

particles.ini is used in PotC in any case, but doesn't CoAS use a different particle system?

maybe but which file couse i cant find anything in txt things...i hope its not used xps particles couse i dunno how to edit em =(
Resources>particles

From what I understand, AoP and CoAS DO use those .xps files. I'm only familiar with the PotC style files, so I don't know anything about those either. :(

One silly question: Are you making this a separate mod for CoAS or would you intend it to become part of our other modpack(s) for the game?

it will be patch for gof under destiny of pirate name but both credits will be in game im just waiting new patches for gof to add em to my mod so nothing will be droped out so far except few ships :) couse most ppl play gof and i just updated my mod to merge with gof

I got Maya 5.0 with required plugins but we dont have plugin to export obj files into gm files back? Any other way to convert obj into gm file without harming it?

I got Maya 5.0 with required plugins but we dont have plugin to export obj files into gm files back? Any other way to convert obj into gm file without harming it?
The GM Viewer has an "OBJ Export" button at the bottom of the screen. Doesn't work entirely right for large models, but that's the way to do it.

it will be patch for gof under destiny of pirate name but both credits will be in game im just waiting new patches for gof to add em to my mod so nothing will be droped out so far except few ships :) couse most ppl play gof and i just updated my mod to merge with gof
Sounds good. I always prefer if all mods are combined together; not much point in having too much things separate. :facepalm

about plugin u didnt get me ik i can export gm into obj and edit obj file but i cant export obj into gm back from maya after finishing it

and gof really need my touch on ships =O

:bounce

Back