• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Devlin Opera storyline

Skyworm

Privateer
Storm Modder
Heya,

I do have a question about this storyline.

How to start it?

I got this letter in my fathers handwriting, and shall talk to the harbourmaster now.
I found his house "head port house" sounds right, but the man inside doesn't has any option to ask him about.

Any hint about it?

That sounds like the correct place :yes

It is the house on the right at the top of the steps. - before you go through the port gates into the town.

The man in the house should have dialog to tell you what to do next ( and about someone you should meet when you leave the house ) :yes

Both the Devlin Quests are the same story ( quest ) only difference is the player in Female in one and Male in the other.

So if the harbour master does not talk to you ( which appears to be a bug or for some reason the quest has broken - did you go and do anything else after being given the message at the beginning of the quest and meeting the Harbourmaster, since that might have caused the quest to break ) - either you can start the quest again - since you are right at the beginning - or try the other Story and see if that works.

:read

I am playing that storyline now, and you start off on the pier. From there you climb the stairs and turn right into that little house there.

Thank you.

Yes, I did something else after receiving the letter. A hole lot to be precise. I did not plan to care about the story at all, just wanted free playing, the idea to attend to the story came very late.

As per the next update, the Devlin Opera storyline will NOT be part of the regular install anymore.
After all, it doesn't have any sort of an ending and as the opening is very much based on character, it cannot function as a profession-based Free Play opening either.

It will still be available to those who select "Unfinished Storylines" in the Installer EXE.
But at least then players who only want (near) finished content will not get confused by this one anymore.

I just played through it today to make sure it works properly again and what we have is actually quite fun. Too bad it doesn't lead anywhere for now.
Hopefully somebody will expand on it some time so that it can be restored to its rightful place again.

Back