• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Direct sail: I'm doing something wrong?

Cappin Winky

Landlubber
I'm using 3.3 WIP and I was sailing direct sail from Jamaica to Nevis.

It said I was approaching Isla Mona? Land Ho screen then bam I slammed into the island with no time to turn.

Then I sail south to go around it and it loads me far to the north in Hispanola. So I go North some more and It loads me somewhere back south, so i hit the world map so I didn't run out of time on hauling mission.

On the way back I figure I'll direct sail southwest away from nevis to avoid this. First load was north of Hispanola again.

What in the world? I will note that I installed 3.3 on top of 3.2 without a fresh install. Did I bork something up?

No, that sounds like bad luck on your part. While I have direct sailed through that area successfully, I have also been tossed far away too.

You can try using the Open Sea Mod; that would at least change the reload distance so you don't crash into islands.

I've done a forum search on Open Sea Mod and found several threads talking about it, but failed to find where it is and what it does. This nub needs mo helps preez :D

See also:
Simplified Build 14 Beta 3.3 WIP Code
I am having some issues with the ship battle. Each time I engage a ship battle, as I am in a certain distance, the World Map Icon in the left top keeps showing or, be it, I can move out from the battle when ever I want, and when I get too close (Really Close Almost Boarding) from a enemy ship, the battle music just starts and the World Map Icon Disappears (This means the battle has started and I cant get out)
Replies to that post blamed the problem on the Open Sea mod...

There's a problem with navigation. The program sometimes gets confused about where on the world map you are. If you sail in the area around Hispaniola and Cuba and then switch to the world map, you are often placed nowhere near where you should be. It seems as though this confusion exists even if you don't switch to the world map but instead try to direct sail around that area.

Neither world map nor DirectSail are perfect.
Even on a reinstall, weird things mag occasionally happen.

Back