• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress DirectSail and WorldMap island transfer inconsistencies

TheMarineGamer

Landlubber
When I sail in Iron Man Mode especially when I sail from Turks to Tortuga and Hispaniola, once I get to the end of the Turks instance I get teleported to the north side of the turks instance instead of the Hispaniola instance.

That sounds like you are stuck at Turks. Is it like that when sailing in any other direction? For instance can you sail to Eleuthera or Puerto Rico or St. Martin?

It doesn't take effort, just a LOT of time. And a fast ship......

Actually this sounds like what happens when one goes back and forth from the world map to direct sail.

I've also encountered navigation problems when using direct sail. The most drastic was when I was doing a direct sail somewhere around Hispaniola, I can't remember now whether I was travelling between there and Cuba or Puerto Rico, but what I do remember was getting "Land Ho!" and finding myself next to Guadeloupe. Worldmap was not involved on that occasion.

I've had a weird teleport as well using the worldmap. Sailed from.... Barbados(?) to Hispaniola only to have to do it again.
Why that happens, I have no clue. Seems to be pretty random. Perhaps some travel variables don't always get set properly and the game "forgets" what you're doing?

I think @Levis mentioned he would look into it when he gets to adapting the worldmap encounters again.
This issue must be related to worldmap coordinates one way or another.

A tiny issue I encountered while making a new character.. can someone plz confirm so we make a bug tracker reminder for future updating...

Made Spanish character.. sailed to Puerto Rico.. now on open world I went right to the location of where San Juan port should be.. and when I transported to sea mode (so I can enter port and go to city).. I was far away and was surrounded by open sea without any "Sail to" to go to.. there wasn't even a tiny glimpse of land all around me...

So I go back to open sea mode, and I am located right on the edge of the OTHER side of Puerto rico.. by edge I mean my ship is touching the land on open world view... which doesn't make sense because I could not spot any land around me when I was in Sea mode.

Can someone also try doing that for Puerto Rico and see if the same thing happens (Levis V 3.2 applied in my game folders)

As well as another tiny detail linked to puerto rico.. i noticed it existing since I began POTC.. when you leave puerto rico and go to open world.. your ship is situated 180 degrees backwards facing the port side instead of facing the front where you could sail out of without having to turn 180 degrees around

Last edited:
That happens but is rare on the smaller islands. It happens a lot on Cuba and Hispaniola but is a bit rare on the other islands.

I don't know what I did, but I managed to get a TERRIBLE example of these worldmap/DirectSail coordinate inconsistencies.
For some reason, whenever I go from worldmap to 3D sailing mode, I end up at the island I just came from. Unless I actually went to a new island.
So if I enter 3D sailing from worldmap without being near any island at all, I STILL END UP AT THE ISLAND I JUST LEFT!

That is not good at all!!! :shock

Here's a save.

Made Spanish character.. sailed to Puerto Rico.. now on open world I went right to the location of where San Juan port should be.. and when I transported to sea mode (so I can enter port and go to city).. I was far away and was surrounded by open sea without any "Sail to" to go to.. there wasn't even a tiny glimpse of land all around me...
That is because of the new worldmap and especially because of Cuba and Hispaniola being so HUGE!
You want to make sure that when you enter 3D sailing mode from the worldmap, you're CLOSE to the island you want to go to.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea March 18th, 1813.zip
    698.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Now here's something idiotic: I'm testing around Hispaniola and Sail-To a ship near the coast.
I get teleported to INSIDE the island. When I sail OUT of the island, I crash into the coast and lose my masts.
Wait, WHAT!?!? :shock

After the battles, or arriving at Island, when you want to go back on map, game dislocated ship from Turks to the edge of the map, and from the area near La Tortue to half of Cuba or Hispaniola.

Screenshot

After the battles, or arriving at Island, when you want to go back on map, game dislocated ship from Turks to the edge of the map, and from the area near La Tortue to half of Cuba or Hispaniola.
Stuff like that has indeed been known to happen, especially on that part of the map.
Quite annoying and we haven't figured out yet why. :facepalm

I'll have to assume this one got introduced with the new worldmap. It's currently impossible to sail around the eastmost point of hispaniola, since it sends you straight to puerto rico, no matter how close you stick to the coast. It needs only a few 100 yards extra to work right, i think, though that would still leave very little space for the bigger ships to maneuvre. I should point out this happened when sailing in from the north though, from Cape Francos; perhaps it makes a difference. Reaching the cape itself is perfectly doable, as is getting to Boca de Yuman. It's the potruding cliff in between that's problematic.

That's what i get for not playing the newest version, i guess. Good to hear. I can circumvent it with fast travel, for now.

Back