• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress DirectSail and WorldMap island transfer inconsistencies

Is this when using worldmap, DirectSail or a combination between the two?

I know sometimes the reloads between 3D sailing mode and worldmap and you to wrong spots.
We don't yet know why and have a still open Bug Tracker entry for it.

Directsail only. In fact, i didn't use the worldmap at all until i had to circumvent this bug. It usually works quite well; this is the first problem i've had with it so far.

But this wasn't a problem in the older island configurations, before the mainland got added. It's only started after it got modified, and if someone did that, they must have some knowledge of how it works, right?

I suppose the issue can wait though. I'll just post a link to this topic in there.

But this wasn't a problem in the older island configurations, before the mainland got added. It's only started after it got modified, and if someone did that, they must have some knowledge of how it works, right?

I suppose the issue can wait though. I'll just post a link to this topic in there.
Yeah but that person has long gone. Somewhere in the process things got mixed up. I have planned to look at it but it would probably take a lot of time and testing so that's why I wait at least untill we got another stable release.

That person is NOT long gone because it was @Armada who replaced the worldmap.

We looked into the weirdness back in those days, but never did figure out the reason.
It simply shouldn't happen, but does anyway. :modding

Can someone confirm this and maybe provide a savegame close to being teleported?

I usually play on Iron Man, should encounter this bug sooner or later… Later, most likely, 'cause with the current state of WIP I keep getting distracted by a dozen of other bugs before I can directsail that far ;) But I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Last edited:
Looking at CCCDirectSail.c, I'd really like to remove all cell navigation code (when it was the last time it was used?), reorganize what is left, and then debug it do death...
Although that's not the enterprise to embark on at the time when we are trying to get a relatively stable public release :)

Looking at CCCDirectSail.c, I'd really like to remove all cell navigation code (when it was the last time it was used?)
Last used until shortly after Build 13, I think? So not for at least 5 years or so.

Although that's not the enterprise to embark on at the time when we are trying to get a relatively stable public release :)
Maybe not. But hopefully at most a month from now, that stable release will be... well... released. :cheeky

So, now that i know Isla Mona lies East of Hispaniola, there's no surprise i keep getting transported there when rounding it's easternmost point. Would it help to reduce the sphere of influence around Isla Mona?

Not without affecting the "Assassin" storyline. Part of the plot relies on Isla Mona being strategically placed between Hispaniola and Puerto Rico.

Anyway, that's a relatively minor teleport. At least you're relatively close to where you were before the teleport. Try direct-sailing around the Cuba/Eleuthera/Turks Island/Hispaniola area, which for me is good for some much longer teleports... And then there was this:
War at the other side of the world

It doesn't have to be moved south by a drastic amount. Just so that it doesn't get in the way. Right now hispaniola is directly east of it, and peurto rico directly west. This could be changed to NE and NW, or even ENE and WNW. It's really just a matter of one or two hundred yards.

It is already pretty small. @Armada had a picture some time showing the worldmap ranges of the various islands.
Oh yeah, that picture might be useful for you:
WorldMap_radii2.jpg

Alternate link (just in case the above image disappears again)
That appears to be the last revision I made back in 2013, so if any changes have been made since then, this image will of course be slightly outdated.

Crap. I don't suppose moving it a bit further south is an option?
It can be moved, but that means updating the world map 3D model and ocean texture with white outlines, along with the Archipelago Map.
Naturally, this isn't something you'd want to do multiple times, so if the map must be updated, I'd suggest coming up with a full list of potential changes to implement simultaneously.

Reactions: jsv
Back