• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Disappearing Officer

I'm too cheap to have anywhere that many officers. I like to get a core group of officers early and let them slowly improve over time. This keeps the payroll down although it is pretty hard keeping them alive until they do get good.

[/CODE]However, NUM_RANDOM_OFFICERS is defined as 50 in InternalSettings.h:
Code:
#define NUM_RANDOM_OFFICERS         50     // INT - number of encounter (tavern) officers.

NUM_RANDOM_OFFICERS seems to be the maximum number of random officers you encounter in the tavern and can hire from there, as the comment points out.
Isn't 50 a pretty low count?

PASSENGERS_MAX and COMPANION_MAX are the variables to keep in mind.

But I suppose the problem occurs, when a new officer is added as a passenger/companion and somehow overwrites the old one.

I remember the same kind of bug happening to ships sometimes:
I had a Xebec and a Sloop-of-War. I was doing a ship transfer or a repair action in the shipyard (can't quite remember now) and BOOM! I had 2 Xebecs... but the second Xebec that should be a Sloop-of-War instead had the same stats as the Sloop-of-War, but the Xebec Icon, Ship Type and Appearance.

Huh. The only time I can remember having ship weirdness was with the reward ships. I never knew what I would end up with.

Question: Was the xebec your personal ship?

NUM_RANDOM_OFFICERS seems to be the maximum number of random officers you encounter in the tavern and can hire from there, as the comment points out.
Isn't 50 a pretty low count?
You shouldn't have 50 in use at the same time and the game cycles between all empty slots.

Aha! You accidentally caused that yourself. When you want to repaint ships it always shows your personal ship first and sometimes does not switch to the next ship right away like it should.
If you go ahead and try to repaint anyway it can get confused and give results like you got.

Back