• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Disc Issue

Btw, my problem is solved. Everything works fine now.
me.gif

Now, back to your problem of recognizing the disk! Not everyone seems to be able to use the NO-CD patch, I never could get it to work with my DVD at all.

Did you use the no-CD patch after you updated the Tages drivers, Thagarr? Doing that ensured the patch didn't work for me, either. I ended up having to go through and remove all traces of Tages and start over, then the patch worked. :yes

Yup, I am pretty sure I did mate, thanks! I will try reinstalling everything again one of these days. I need to do a clean install anyway so I can play GOF, hopefully I will have some free time in a couple of weeks

Rookie question. I haven't started playing GOF yet, but intend to soon. But, what is tages? I installed COAS from the dvd, then the no-cd patch, then GOF, then patch 1.1. It has not been started at all yet. If tages is some security thing I want it gone.

It's StarForce minus the crazy Russian nastiness, basically. xD: It, as far as I know, shuts off when you're done playing the game(s) it's tied to. I just automatically crack any game it comes on now before first play-through so it doesn't get the chance to install. The few games I own that have Tages and which nobody ever cracked, can be played using a mini-image mounted in the free version of DaemonTools. Going by the installation order you followed, you're probably good and Tages-free.

Back