• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

DISCUSSION: Realism with COAS items.

Harrow

Freelance Modder
Storm Modder
I've been thinking about some things that have been bugging me, so I've decided to go ahead and make a few mods for realism's sake, though I'd like to see some discussion about it first, so that I'm not wasting my time.

Firstly, health elexirs:
They're so unrealistic I could pull the hairs off my head. You ever seen one in real life? No-.. I'm willing to change them up with food, drinks and so on. We're lacking the infamous sea biscuit, I think. We lack daily rum & grog, too. So I was thinking of fiddling about the game and modding it out in a way to replace the elixirs with actual things.

This goes for other items of the genre as well, items that would fit a game such as Metroid or World of Warcraft, but not a pirates' game.

I would also go about changing dialogs and so on, those that mention such elixirs and potions. It'll be a long hassle to finish up, which is why I want to know if we're on the same page here, or if I'm alone on this.

What do you gents and gals think?

There's bandages and such in PotC; should be easily replaced in CoAS. Works the same, but with more realistic interface pictures.

As long as you do it with complete historic accuracy, I agree one hundred percent. I like the idea of bandages.

Great, and I also like the PotC Apothecary - if anyone knows how to do that and is willing to help me out with this, it could be a great addition to this whole idea.

My mod will use that kinda system with new icons and new items stats in coas - about importing potc stuff in coas that will wait in my situation couse i got alot to do in my own mod :D and fix alot gof things >.> and update ofc anyway if u got time to try get things like models/textures in coas i can work on scripts etc

Back