• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Double Running Speed (now realistic 6.6 m/s)

I'm not sure who changed the figures, but I see in your version that it's back up to 4.3 and 4.5. Reverting to an old version which presumably worked is fine by me.
Indeed since we had all those rather massive discussions about it last year,
I figured it was safer to stick with the numbers that were already in the 28 July 2016 version.
Thanks for the confirmation! :cheers

@Pieter Boelen Is this included in the Build Mod now? :) If not, is it safe to use the files in the original post with the mod ?
Sorry to ask stupid questions, i'm back from like 5 years of not playing PotC...

@Pieter Boelen Is this included in the Build Mod now? :) If not, is it safe to use the files in the original post with the mod ?
Sorry to ask stupid questions, i'm back from like 5 years of not playing PotC...
Welcome back then! :cheers

These files are excluded from the main mod as there was no consensus on them being added.
But if I recall correctly, you can safely add those files yo your game if you want to use them.

Theres another reason to add this that noone else has mentioned. Playing at a higher frame rate in this game makes you run alot slower at 144fps than you do at 60fps and it would be nice to have an option to quickly change movement speeds to fix it instead of capping my frame rate and making the game feel bad and choppy.

If Anyone thinks the default speed is slow try almost half that :p

Im trying it out now and so far i like it. at 60fps its definitely too fast and I would go with around 1.5x speed but at around 90-120fps its only abit faster than the default at 60fps and it feels perfect!

Last edited:
Back