• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Drastic fall in profit from your land?

@ANSEL

Your player character does not have any of the three perks (basic commerce, advanced commerce, or landowner).

Your quatermaster has them. That doesn't count. It is indeed confusing, which is why I made the feature request for you. :)

EDIT: want to add it is totally natural to be confused--that is why there is a feature request to better inform the player how this works! :)

Last edited:
@Pieter Boelen @Tingyun Are you saying I can not belive what I see here? seadogs2_0044.jpg

Last edited:
@ANSEL your screenshot shows that you do not personally have the perks. It shows them as costing 1 perk point if you wish to purchase them.

The checkmarks in the screenshot show your quatermaster has the perk. As I said that doesn't count.

No they shouldn't, because that function call is intentional.
It is YOUR land and while a Quartermaster does contribute for anything ship-related, why would he have any influence on your estate ashore?
He's not even there! :cheeky
Neither are you, you're on a ship somewhere else in the Caribbean. ;) If you can manage your estates while being nowhere near them, presumably your officer can do it as well, and if you've given him the "Landowner" perk then that's what you're expecting him to do. He's your accountant.

@Grey Roger Levis already made the same point in the feature request, and we are discussing there. :) The landowner perk would be removed from quatermaster if we keep this in all liklihood.

I had some trouble with the perk interface before, showing I have some perks
I dont have. I think the fact I dont use Auto Skill, could make something weird
with the interface. Im pretty sure I have used all abilities point to get the all
the perks once in this game. Now I have used cheat to get all the perks AGAIN.
Let me see whats happens now.

After cheating the perks, the profit is alright now ! But I have the Feeling
something is going wrong here (with the perks)
I almost sure I have used my points, to get all the perks, once before in
this particular game.

Could it be that it is difficult to see which perks YOU have and which ones are being contributed by officers instead?

Basically, if a perk shows in colour and without a number to the right of it, then the character has that perk himself.
A checkmark does not mean the same as that could mean that it is an officer contributing that perk instead.

I think the present interface is very clear and well designed.

I propose this be resolved as "not a bug" -- everything is working according to design, the design is being discussed thoroughly in another thread, and @ANSEL confirms his profit is back up once he purchases the perks.

Indeed the issue as per the thread title appears to be "Not a Bug".

@ANSEL: If you do think the Perks Interface is being confusing or if you think you truly lost some perks, please start a new thread for that so we can address that. :doff

Indeed the issue as per the thread title appears to be "Not a Bug".

@ANSEL: If you do think the Perks Interface is being confusing or if you think you truly lost some perks, please start a new thread for that so we can address that. :doff
I will be watching on the perks for a time, before I decides to start a new thread .

@Pieter Boelen Could the fact I always play with Auto Skill of and unlock
Perks, cause something is not working in a proper way.
I think Auto Skill System OFF should not make a difference, but you never do know.

But you also disable the "Locked Perks" mod? Maybe that could have an influence.
@Levis would know that better.

I disable the "Locked Perks" mod because I dont want to be forced to do anything
I dont wanna do. The freedom to play POTC just as you like is a valuable feature
I think.

I disable the "Locked Perks" mod because I dont want to be forced to do anything
I dont wanna do. The freedom to play POTC just as you like is a valuable feature
I think.
Fair enough; that's why the toggle exists. :doff

those settings shouldn't make a difference at all

Back