• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Drinking and Gambling at the Tavern

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
Build Version: Friday 6 December 2013
Build 14 Beta 3.1 Full

Beating Request

The scene where the the drunk guy requests you beat down a guard who've insulted him.
This scene seems to work just fine: seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0002.jpg :onya

Random Challenger
The scene where while you're drinking rum, a sailor approaches and challenge you for a fight.
This one seems to be alright too: seadogs2_0004.jpg seadogs2_0006.jpg :onya

You've Been Robbed
The scene when you've just been robbed and the tavern helper supposed to tell you that.

This time, she doesn't. At first she'll be close to you like she's about to say something but then just walks away.
You have to go and ask her yourself now. seadogs2_0008.jpg :unsure :shrug
(.log Files & Save attached)

*Saved Game - This is after the robbing and the girl is supposed to talk to but you have to go and ask her yourself.

About to Fight Scene
The scene when your companion gets drunk saying you have a plan to rob/kill him then you start threatening him for fun then the tavern keeper stops you two and you're supposed to walk away to end the scene.
Well, the last part doesn't seem to work right. seadogs2_0000.jpg seadogs2_0001.jpg seadogs2_0003.jpg :nogood
(.log Files & Save attached)

*Saved Game - This is the part where the tavern keeper is supposed to talk and end the seen. I can't stand up because the scene is not yet over.
Its like you're stuck there forever. If you have no earlier saves, this is bad.
*Plus, however if you choose the lines where you don't threaten him, you don't get stuck on that scene.

EDIT:
Storyline: Master & Commander (JackAubrey)

Attachments

• You've Been Robbed.zip
    647.1 KB · Views: 158
  • About to Fight Scene.zip
    648.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Can anyone else confirm any of the described issues here?

Not me. I played a little blackjack and it worked fine.
The gambling games' are just fine but just the drinking conversation when a sailor invites you. When it'll lead to a conversation where your drinking buddy goes paranoid telling that you're gonna steal his money or kill him. When you choose the line threatening him you'll get stuck. [refer to screenshots from 1st post]

*and I have a saved game attached.

I can confirm this to be a bug, I've had this problem before in an earlier build but also in the regular game. Are you running NERO burning software on your pc? For some reason NERO messes up POTC when booting up the game but also (if you happen to get it to work WITH nero) it can mess up the in game trigger points.

O by the way in the Normal POTC im referring to another moment in the Original storyline

Well i suggest trying to uninstall it if it still messes up. i have no clue whatsoever :p

Oh man! :facepalm But that's a good app ? :modding The game worked alright concerning the tavern talks with previous versions. I only experienced this problem with Beta3.1.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, is there anything new as of now with PotC? Fixes, updates, etc? I've been away for a while and will be very busy for the next few months starting this week.

Yeah i like NERO too but unfortunately for no specific reason it just messes with POTC :S i have no clue why this is.

Yes Nero has messed with POTC for years. I had forgotten about that. Ffdshow also messes with POTC. This should already be in the FAQ.

BTW, is there anything new as of now with PotC? Fixes, updates, etc? I've been away for a while and will be very busy for the next few months starting this week.
Not really a question for this thread, but the latest is still Beta 3.1 from 6th December: http://www.moddb.com/mods/new-horizons/downloads
Chances are, no new versions will be released until either Levis or Pieter get back.

Well there are things to be fixed, mostly. I haven't been keeping a close eye on any new content, though. :shrug

This happens sometimes in Redmond tavern. To much rum? :eek:o_O

Attachments

• soldier trio.jpg
    soldier trio.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 191
There is indeed a possibilty that this might happen. But i dont think it really messes up your game does it?

There are all kinds of strange things happening in the taverns now, but there is no one to work on this problem. :shrug

Also some of those soldiers may start on "goto" locators already occupied by story characters. No it doesn't mess up the game just look bad.

Yes so to answer your final question and if you consider code like rum. The game has had to much rum

Also some of those soldiers may start on "goto" locators already occupied by story characters. No it doesn't mess up the game just look bad.
It kinda mess up some parts. Like at Tortuga Tavern, you have to kill the soldier first before you can talk to Gibbs 'cause someone else is sitting right where he is and killing that soldier can cause trouble, hell it even makes the lady in red with 3000+HP hostile to you.

Back