• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Dutch Pinnace 1627

Oh sure, just rub it in, why don't you. :razz
I can't guarantee I'll manage ALL of those in one week, although I did convert the Caravela Redonda a while ago, IIRC.

Hey, there is no rush, we have already waited seven months, and there is always next year. :wp

No intention to rub in anything, mate. Just wanted to check with you that you had the same ones on your list.

I'm in no rush; still got another month-and-a-half to go. :facepalm

A month later and this ship is still giving me problems. This is about textures. The swivel guns on this ship are wood textured. I ran across this once before on another ship but don't remember the cure.

You probably have to HEX-edit the GM file to use desk.tga (AoP/CoAS version of the file) instead of deck.tga (PotC version of the file).

Yes. It's looking better now. I remember now that it was also necessary to do this with the Spanish fast galleons.

The Dutch Pinnace is on the FTP in my folder, in the "after patch 7" folder. I could not see it very well, so more work will be done to it after the flagpole it fixed. Check her out JR.

There is something that I keep forgetting to do with the ships I port. I adjust the period and nation atats in ships_init.c to make it more common, so I can get it quicker to work on it after it gets into the game.

Then I always forget to change those stats back...............:eek:ops2

The main GM for the Pinnace Berlin is broken. Every time it gets into the game it gives an instacrash. Here is the log. I thought perhaps it was something I had changed that did it, so put a stock GM in and got the same message.

Here is my current ship_init.c Pieter. Only the Pinnace Berlin at the bottom is off.

The Dutchpinnace works but the Berlin crashes? Was the Berlin just a reskin or did she have a somewhat different model too?
What will we use the Berlin for? We don't have the Germans in the game. She's blue; maybe she could be French?

Pgargon said she was different. :shrug They look very similar in GMViewer, but who can say? If it would work in game, there is a blue and red version.

I recall Pgargon saying that the rigging is different, as well as there being cosmetic differences on the hulls (especially on the stern).
I'd say we should use her blue colour scheme for the French (as per La Couronne), and red for the English, perhaps?
Remember, this is in place of the LightPinnace models for England and Holland, so France just gets a bonus. :cheeky

Just for the sake of folder naming, we've already got the NL_Pinnace, so temporarily I've named this one NL_Pinnace2; anyone has a better code name for either of the two ships?

Well, if you want to stay with national colors then NL, RN, and FR Light Pinnace would work. Although right now mostly all I can think of is cuss words cause it's broke.

The NL version works, right? I tried her earlier today and she seemed fine. Apart from the camera issue, but we knew about that one already.

Back