• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released Dutch Pinnace 1627

Yes the Dutch Pinnace works fine except I can't see anything below the lifeboat. I have tried every GM except the one from GOF for the Pinnace Berlin. I guess it works there. Do you think Pgargon will look at this problem?

It's clearly a problem somewhere with the GM file, as system.log proves:
Code:
resource\models\ships\PinnaceBerlin\PinnaceBerlin.gm: can't open geometry file
WARNING! Can`t model class pointer for ShipModel
WARNING!!! Missing INIT message to ROPE - bad ship model
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\RIGGING\Vant.cpp line 162
"Bad Vant INIT"
With "put a stock GM in", do you mean a version of the Berlin hull GM file before any of your adjustments? Where did you get that file from?
Is it the original file from here? http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/pgargon/DutchPinnace/PinnaceBerlin_1.00.rar

I first worked over the GMs to get the textures right. That crashed. Then I put an unmodified GM in. That crashed. I got them from the link in the first post in this thread. Where is that one from?

Every one I've looked at has the same date and size. Same results too. I would like to hear if this ship works in GOF.

I was wrapping up the Dutch Pinnace to put her on the FTP when I discovered.........two new textures. :wp One blue and one red. I wuz sooo close too.

It's wonderful to see those two ships together in that screenie. They compliment each other really well. :keith

More textures? They just keep coming, eh? Blue for France, red for Spain again?

Yup. More colors. And these colors don't flicker. They are pretty ships. The Fluyt is the more evolved model but the Pinnace works very well. The Pinnace is on the FTP now. :cheers

The pinnace Berlin on the other hand is hopeless. It still ctd's. :rumgone

Yes. I have looked twice for a mistake I might have made and it looks like it should work. But it doesn't......... The Berlin is the pinnace with different shades of blue and red and a different mural on the stern, and different rigging.

I can choose her in the shipyard and then go to port to look at her. As soon as I go out the city gate it CTD's.

But the Berlin actually did give a model file error in system.log, if I recall from what you showed me. So that proves it IS a model thing.
Maybe we can do without the Berlin? We don't really need a German ship when we've already got the real Dutch one, right?

True. We have the pinnace in green, blue, and red colors now. What the Berlin adds is a blue and red pinnace with three sails per mast instead of two, and no mizzen sail. So she is not a big loss.

Because France already has the OLD LightPinnace model and we're keeping that for storyline purposes, I've made it:
DutchPinnace1 (Green) for Holland
DutchPinnace2 (Blue) for Portugal
DutchPinnace3 (Red) for Spain

The red lion figurehead on this model looks very distinctly Dutch to me though; should we really have the versions for other nations too?

I don't think the figurehead is much of a problem, to be honest. It should fit in with Spain and Portugal fairly well.

I acquired the Pinnace Berlin in GOF2 and decided to upgrade it. Went into POTC and found a blue pinnace, so imported it into GOF2. Only then did I notice that it is actually the Dutch Pinnace with blue paint. :facepalm It has 2 sails per mast while the Pinnace Berlin has 3 sails per mast.

So, I now have 2 Dutch Pinnaces, one in green and one in blue. The green one is a straight replacement of the existing Dutch Pinnace. It has a much better camera and better rigging.
Here is a link to it in my COAS stuff folder in my Dropbox in the downloads section at the top of the forum page.
The screenies show them with full holds. The waterline is barely visible.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/cnpXXfU43-/COAS stuff/COAS screenies/pinnace Berlin-1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/Dfjw4BIMFL/COAS stuff/COAS screenies/Dutch Pinnace-1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/ZuY8vB8GHl/COAS stuff/COAS repaired ships/Dutch Pinnace.7z

Sorry but I don't think it should be in any other nation than dutch. The lion figurehead was only dutch. When a ship was taken over. the first thing they did was change the figurehead. So a spanish version of it would be a little off and odd

I know of plenty of non-dutch vessels with lion figureheads. One of these was the Spanish ship of the line Nuestra Señora de la Santísima Trinidad. It was built in Spain by Spaniards.

the could use a lion but not the lions of holland.

Red with long mane was trading.
Red with a crown on top was warship.

of holland of course. so they wouldn't have the same lion. because it was dutch.

Back