• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Dutchman Submerged function

KillPhil

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hi,

My whole Worldmap is sometimes just empty, no ships beside mine are appearing, and I can sail through those storm-clouds without any effect.

Error.log shows this:

RUNTIME ERROR - file: worldmap\worldmap_events.c; line: 114
process event stack error

Also, in BraveBlackFlag, I sometimes got:
- Character stuck after loading a savegame
- Ships which struck their colors cant be boarded (they behave like 'neutral')
- missing Port-names when using 'Sail to'

BraveBlockFlag?

Could you make seperate topic for the other problems?

Which version are you using can you please provide the .log files and if possible a savegame from when this happens?

I have seen those error messages before, but could never replicate them on purpose and didn't get any actual erroneous behaviour from them either.

Do you have cheatmode enabled? There is a cheat to disable worldmap encounters and storms. Perhaps that is somehow enabled for you?

Missing port names is definitely weird. The related code is quite complicated due to the differing town names, but it should work now.
Is this always? And are they specific ports?

BraveBlockFlag?
BraveBlackFlag is a new Free Play storyline for pirate play based on the Standard storyline with its main quest disabled.

No, cheatmode is set to 0. But I deactivated it after I startet a new game. Perhaps that messes things up?
The missing port names are on BBF and I know only that it misses on Nevis: Pirate Settlement and Charlestown.

I am quite frustrated about that bug with the surrendered ships.. so much loot which is unaccessible :/

Have you visited Charleston or the pirate settlement before? Or have you bought a map of Nevis? If the answer to both questions is "no" than that's not a bug, it's a feature - you're not supposed to be able to see any port or beach on "Sail-To" unless you've already found it by sailing there manually, or unless you've bought a map of the island.

Indeed. Also this bug about the surendering could you post a topic about that too? I tought we fixed that in the past....

If indeed the ports and shores aren't showing up at all, that is probably OK.
I thought they did show, but not with their correct name but some weird code-looking stuff.

yep - exactly what Pieter said.. I dont play in realistic mode - so I dont need maps ;)

it is shown like this in the sail to menu: #port_name#... But it was only in BBF, standard storyline is ok.

And I think I know why this character gets stuck after loading error occurs: When I die, I immediatly load the previous savegame, without waiting if I survive or not.. perhaps this confuses the game a bit (at least it feels like this)

I will post a new thread about the surrendering ;)

EDIT: And BTW, my worldmap encounters are also there again, after starting a new game.

it is shown like this in the sail to menu: #port_name#... But it was only in BBF, standard storyline is ok.
AGH! I was afraid of that.
Can you confirm if it is a consistent problem there? Or just a one-time fluke?

And I think I know why this character gets stuck after loading error occurs: When I die, I immediatly load the previous savegame, without waiting if I survive or not.. perhaps this confuses the game a bit (at least it feels like this)
Indeed you should be careful doing that. I've seen that do weird things to myself, because the game doesn't quite understand that it wasn't allowed to continue. :facepalm

got a savegame for me where this problem is?

In "BuildSettings.h", or in the advanced "Options" menu, you should find an option for death rate, or chance of dying. If you don't want any chance of resurrecting in a tavern room, set that to 130. You definitely won't survive being killed and you can reload as fast as you like. That is probably why I have not encountered this bug. :D

"Not a Bug" since the problem apparently cannot be replicated.
Please post a savegame and log files if it does happen again at some point.

"Not a Bug" since the problem apparently cannot be replicated.
Please post a savegame and log files if it does happen again at some point.

This person here ran into the same or a similar problem: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/need-some-help-with-games.24224/#post-495580
It also provides a very clear reason why this happens: If you have the Flying Dutchman and sail around while submerged, there are intentionally no worldmap encounters.
That is not a bug. Though if people no longer like that feature, it would be easily removed.

There should also be no storms if the Dutchman is submerged. Perhaps we should keep the lack of storms, but put the worldmap encounters back?
But then.... enemy ships COULD still start chasing you on the worldmap. Which makes no sense, because they shouldn't be able to see you. o_O

Well I did not have the Dutchman when this occured, but yes, I can remember that encounters are off for the Dutchman. I think my problem was totally unrelated and it seems it was just a bug caused by the savegame.. My new BBF savegame behaves fine ;)

Well, just ships and no storms seems fine to me.. And with this chasing well.. As seen in the movies, you can guess where the Dutchman should be.. so it actually can make sense..
BTW: Can we add to the submerge-code a line for invisibility on open sea for the dutchman? Just copy the line for the BP and do a /9999999999 ?^^

And if we already have it with storms: There are too many imo on the World Map.. Yesterday I had like 5 storms in 1 minute.. WAY too much for my taste.. And it sometimes is still annoying when going to open sea and caught in a storm even if the world map didnt show so..

Well, just ships and no storms seems fine to me.. And with this chasing well.. As seen in the movies, you can guess where the Dutchman should be.. so it actually can make sense..
How would you like being chased around the worldmap by some pirates when you are sailing the Dutchman?
Because THEY don't know you're submerged. Unless.... Perhaps @Levis can think of a way to disable chasing worldmap ships when you are submerged?

BTW: Can we add to the submerge-code a line for invisibility on open sea for the dutchman? Just copy the line for the BP and do a /9999999999 ?^^
You can try. See what happens.
It is indeed always quite odd to see ships firing at you when you are submerged. :facepalm

And if we already have it with storms: There are too many imo on the World Map.. Yesterday I had like 5 storms in 1 minute.. WAY too much for my taste.. And it sometimes is still annoying when going to open sea and caught in a storm even if the world map didnt show so..
There is what appears to be a chance scalar somewhere in the Weather folder.
See this thread for some (failed) experiments we did with it: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/reduced-storm-chance.24093/

Hmm but I think it is better this way than with no ships at all^^

Ok I tried it to implement it in the submerge code as well as adding a new line for the visibility, wanted to do an if-clause.. the game checks if the dutchman is submerged and then adds a visibility range factor.. but I only got runtime errors :(

Please post the error.log entries as well as the code after you changed it.

no error log - I can't code and that was the best example for it - it just gave me a runtime error - abnormal program determination and that's it^^

I just tried to copy and paste this visibility_range = visibility_range / 999;

into the dutchman submerge code and after that, I tried to code a if(HasCharacterShipAbility(chr, "SubmergeDutchman")) into the screwface_functions.c but that was obv completely wrong^^

Back