• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

El Patron (Humberto Indigo Diaz)

Padres Del Fuego may very well solve with Pieter's problem, since there was not an accurate American presence at that time, Padres could solve that. Since it isn't real, we won't have to worry about accuracy since it is ficticious! Or, if you don't like that, I will just make it a British Colony from 1740 on.

Its more the fact that it is fictional Im afraid that is sort of getting to us...

The only island that is in the game that isnt real is Isla De Muerte and that is because it was the major island of the Curse of the Black Pearl.

We are fine having an island set up for your character in his period but what we are saying is that it should be coded like Isla De Muerte (so it doesnt show in every period)

I do suggest you concentrate on your storyline first as the later periods dont have much to do with it and then we can discuss the later periods later on ;)

I don't know if I can code it like Isla Dem Meurta because the island has a town on it!

I was thinking of adding a real island to the archipelico though......St. Eustatius (Dutch) Near Saint Martin, and just north of Antigua.

There was a real Island called Padres La Terra Del Fuego.....but it was off of South America!

My suggestion: Start doing some questwriting first. That's easier than adding a new island anyway.

My recommendation: Post everything on the forum and we can all pitch in with help. :doff

Ok, I am starting the mod this weekend, and I have no idea where to start! (I already have the storyline planned) Should I start by skinning? I know it's the easiest. If he isn't too busy, maybe Bartolomeu O Portugal would like to be my "first mate" for this storyline. I know he is busy with his namesake's storyline, and Assassin, but since he is almost done with the former, maybe he can help me a little bit.

Start by actually putting the storyline in game is my recommendation...

New folders and files you need to add are:
Code:
- PROGRAM/Storyline
-El Patron.c
-/El Patron: 
- /quests (you need quest_reaction.c and both_reaction.c files)
- StartStoryline.c

-RESOURCE/INI/TEXTS/ENGLISH/Storyline/El Patron
- Questbook
What I suggest you do is to copy PROGRAM/Storyline/JackAubery.c and rename it El Patron.c and then copy the folder JackAubery (same place) and rename it El Patron.

Open El Patron.c and it will look like this:
Code:
void RegisterStoryline(int n)
{
ref storyline; makeref(storyline, Storylines);
aref sl; makearef(sl, storyline.list);
string sn = "sl" + (n + 1);
sl.(sn).id = "JackAubrey";         //HumbertoDiaz
sl.(sn).index = n;
sl.(sn).dir = "JackAubrey\";       //El Patron\

sl.(sn).start.location = "Eleuthera_Port";
sl.(sn).start.port = "Eleuthera_Port";
sl.(sn).start.model = "Aubrey";
sl.(sn).start.name = "Jack";
sl.(sn).start.lastname = "Aubrey";
sl.(sn).start.nation = ENGLAND;
sl.(sn).start.playertype = PLAYER_TYPE_MILITARY;
sl.(sn).start.difficulty = DIFFICULTY_JOURNEYMAN;
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Pirate = 1;
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Personal = 0;
sl.(sn).start.ship = "HMS_Surprise";
sl.(sn).start.shipname = "HMS Surprise";
sl.(sn).start.date.hour = 10;
sl.(sn).start.date.min = 24;
sl.(sn).start.date.sec = 42;
sl.(sn).start.date.day = 15;
sl.(sn).start.date.month = 4;
sl.(sn).start.date.year = 1777;

switch (LanguageGetLanguage())
{
case "Polish":
sl.(sn).title = "";
sl.(sn).description = "";
break;
// default:
sl.(sn).title = "Master and Commander";    //El Patron
sl.(sn).description = "Play the story of captain 'Lucky' Jack Aubrey as he makes his carreer in the British Royal Navy. Meet his good friend, naturalist and ship's physician Stephen Maturin. And influence the course of the war with the United States.";
break;
}
}
NOTE: lines with //(word) need to be changed to the (word)
That will get it so your storyline will be in game though ;)

maybe Bartolomeu O Portugal would like to be my "first mate" for this storyline. I know he is busy with his namesake's storyline, and Assassin, but since he is almost done with the former, maybe he can help me a little bit.

These last weeks, I was really busy by my real life... :facepalm
For the next weeks, I will focus my work on finishing the Assassin Main Quest. Without talking I don't have internet at home these last months so I won't be everyday on the forum to answer your questions... :facepalm

So, I think it would be better that Captain Maggee helps you first and in a second phase if you don't find a solution for a problem met in your quest, send me a PM.

The main advice I can give you at the moment, it's reading the many files in the storyline folder and make some code-tests... :yes

Like I have suggested all along, if you get stuck post here... Someone will help you out ;)

You dont want to have to rely on someone which could leave you waiting for a number of days for a tiny error that halts your entire effort

Sorry guys, I couldn't bring my laptop on my trip, so I have to wait and start on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning.

Just for clarity's sake, this here is true:
The only really not existing island in the game is Isla de Muerte, which in the game only exists when you've got Jack's compass. It code-wise literally doesn't exist until that time.
Admittedly, Eleuthera is in the wrong spot in our game and Bonaire and Curacao are swapped as well.
And the islands that in the game are in the South part of the archipelago (Guadeloupe, Martinique, Barbados and Grenada)
are in the East of the real Caribbean - see this chart:
Map_Caribbean.gif

And the islands that came from the original stock game and have been renamed do not have their real-life shape.
So our archipelago isn't quite accurate. But with a bit of imagination, it does look like it. :yes

Are we planning to move Eleuthera?
I don't want to seem rude by any means, but... read again all posts & links in this very topic of yours and you'll find the answer. :mm

*hint* post n°14 and link in post n°13 for example.

Back