• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

El Patron (Humberto Indigo Diaz)

Change string rldLocator = "reload1_back"; in StartStoryline.c to whatever locator is the jetty one.
Use VISIBLE_LOCATORS at the bottom of PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h to find out.

Great! It worked. I took a look at the start for Bartolomeu, and I changed the location start to "reload2" and I started on the jetty. I will now try to get Tomas Tiplamano to show up and speak to me. In the meantime, I found several ideas for loadscreens for my storyline online.

loadscreen 3.jpg
Loadscreen 1.jpg
Loadscreen 2.jpg
Loadscreen 5.jpg

I got Tomas Tiplamano to appear! The only thing I must do now is have him run to me and then I will write up a conversation.

I copied and pasted mystery messanger dialog into Humberto's file, and I made the dialog appear! Now all I have to do is change the dialog and make a questbook entry (can you tell me how to do that?)

Questbook text goes in RESOURCE\INI\TEXTS\ENGLISH\Storyline\[YOUR STORYLINE]\QUESTBOOK

Note that for a storyline loading screen -or ANY loading screen- you MUST have a high resolution picture to use. At least 1024x768 or so.

I wrote new dialog and I changed it so that Tomas Tiplamano can use his (I changed which dialog he will speak in Init/Characters/Story) but now he says that the dialog I assigned for him cannot be read.

If you use the Devlin storyline code to make him appear, doesn't he already run?

Then you didn't use the Devlin code properly, because it DOES make him run up to you there.
As a reminder, this is the correct code:
Code:
		case "Start":
trace("Executing Start");
NPChar = characterFromID("Mystery Messenger");
ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(NPChar, "Redmond_port", "officers", "sea_1_1");
LAi_SetActorType(PChar);
LAi_SetActorType(NPChar);
LAi_ActorWaitDialog(PChar, NPChar);
LAi_ActorFollow(NPChar, PChar, "Start_1", -1);
SetNextWeather("Blue Sky"); 
break;
Replace the Mystery Messenger character ID, and the location ID and locator.

I got him to run up to me! The only thing now is that he can't read his dialog I assigned to him. Also, when he finishes talking, I can't move.

Does he have his dialog and currentnode set correctly in the character init files?

Try attached dialog file; that should work better. Note that you need to update the number at the top and DON'T use the " sign anywhere, because that denotes the beginning and end of the dialog line and confuses the game when being somewhere in the middle.
A recommendation: put Tomas Tiplamano on a locator closer to the player; now you have to wait quite a bit before he's near you and starts talking.

It worked! However, it only had three lines of my dialog I wrote, so I expanded the scripted dialog file, but Tomas went back to his old ways. I will post my file. The good news is that I am becoming more comftorable at modding, and I think I am getting better at it too. Soon I can probably handle it all on my own! :will :urgh

View attachment Tomas Tiplamano_dialog.c

Try attached. Note that you need to link your dialog texts to the next case, otherwise the game doesn't know what to continue with.
Also, pay close attention to the code characters required to conclude a line of code, such as ) or ; or : depending on what the code is.

Back