• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Eliminating Class 1/2 pirate ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
Does anyone have any ideas about a couple lines of code that I could add somewhere that would prevent Pirates and Gentlemen of Luck encounters from ever spawning class 1 or 2 ships? :shrug

I would love to have this as part of GOF eras and would even release as a separate GOF mod if I am successful.

I am willing to entertain any ideas because I really hate fighting class 1 pirate ships. SOOOOO unrealistic! :modding

MK

Check out the encounters folder on MK. I work for the German mod in mind, but for some time.

I think we managed this on the PotC Build Mod together with the Period and Nation-Specific Ships mod.
But if I recall, you never got that working in CoAS despite all my suggestions, did you?

Are Pirate and Gentlemen of Luck encounters always of the nationality PIRATE? That would at least give you something to work with.

Are we talking past each other? The way I read that, wants MK
the number of ships change? Or?

MK is talking about the class of ships, not the number of them.
He just doesn't want pirates to use huge manowar style ships because in real life they never would have had such big ships.

Ok!
1. Select the ships for the pirates.
2. In the "AIFantom.c" call the ships. Note this ranking system!
3. In the "Encounters_init.c" adjust the one ships. Number and rank system.
Ready!

We had been in the old German edition and worked well!
So it will be again in the new ship mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back