• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Feature Request Elrapido Tailor "cheats" in regular play

Jason Maffettone

Lord of Entropy
Quest Writer
Provisional
Storm Modder
I enabled the Elrapdio tailor cheats for regular play as I don't like to have the cheat option on but really like these functions. I think they could be incorporated nicely into the regular game.

*Have the officer retrain (ability reset) available for a cost from the naval accademies.

*Have the "Famous Pirate Collection" available from the tailor for a price.

*Make other outfit groups that can be bought in a similiar fashion. For example all the regular sailors at once, all the uniforms for that nation, and abritrary groupings like "Tuffs," "Officers," etc.

*I notice the "Give me X officer type" is fully disabled, does it not work? This would be a good function for the harbor masters where you pay him a finder's fee for getting you a specific officer type.

The more functions the better.

You'd be very welcome to rework this stuff from being a cheat into a proper feature. :doff

The first one sounds interesting. What are the tailor cheats again?

PROGRAM\DIALOGS\tailor_dialog.c .

The clothes one has already been changed to be generally available by Jason Maffettone.
The others are ENABLE_CHEATMODE only.

Actually, resetting a character is also available from churches.
Though indeed using the now-useless Naval Academy for that sounds like fun. :yes

btw you know this function is massively flawed right?
it resets your character but the new perks added aren't reset because it seems I have to manually add them cause someone tought it was funny to write the function in such a way that he just copied all perks and set them to untrue manually ....

That code looks REALLY ancient. Might have been written somewhere between 2003 and 2004
since it is marked with Scheffnow and I think he wasn't even active here when I joined in 2004.

This code from console.c might serve as replacement:
Code:
        int idx = GetMainCharacterIndex();
         aref arPerksRoot; makearef(arPerksRoot,ChrPerksList.list);
         int chrPerksQ = GetAttributesNum(arPerksRoot);
         for (i = 0; i <= GetPassengersQuantity(PChar); i++) {
           if (i > 0) {
             idx = GetPassenger(PChar, i - 1);
             if (idx < 0) continue;
           }

for (int p = 0; p < chrPerksQ; p++)
           {
             string perkName = GetAttributeName(GetAttributeN(arPerksRoot, p));
             characters[idx].perks.list.(perkName) = true;
           }
         }
All that would be needed is to set this to false or call a DeleteAttribute instead.

it should call delete attribute.
And if you also want to place the locks back in place you need to delete this attribute to:
"perks.unlocked.(perkName)"
also you dont really need to do it in a forloop cause you could just remove perks.list and perks.unlocked instead of all perks seperatly.

Back