• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP ENB replacer

Is it me or do these pictures look nicer then normal?
Btw these are screenshots automaticly made with reshade. No more tga bs, you can just have png screenshots.

Now I have the popup text on screen, but now the the game crash almost ad once?

Not to me. There is no AA.

How did you get rid of the overlay being there all the time?

I tried that zip except for the modules as I had that reshade folder in a different location and it works. The intro overlay showed up in the upper left hand corner, there were no error messages, and then it faded out.

So for me it is working now. This is a step forward and now to figure out how to get AA working.

I tried that zip except for the modules as I had that reshade folder in a different location and it works. The intro overlay showed up in the upper left hand corner, there were no error messages, and then it faded out.

So for me it is working now. This is a step forward and now to figure out how to get AA working.
If you take the modules folder also it has the AA already set up in the config files. at least it should have.

@ANSEL did you remove the other cases of reshade before you placed this version?

At first try I can tell no difference but it is night in the game.

I can not make any changes on my own now. I tried to change some settings and brought back the error messages. So I deleted everything and re-installed Levis's files and it is working again.

It is starting to look like bad news for getting AA to work. Reshade disables AMD CCC so it can't be enabled there. If SweetFX won't do it might not get done.

Could the problems have anything to do whit this: directx end-user runtime .

What Operating System are you using? That one only works with old systems like XP. For modern OS you want Directx_June2010_redist.exe. I am using it as WinX does not have some DX9 support in it.

Okay, install the program somewhere. Doesn't matter where. I sugest not in the potc folder.

Open it and in the first screen select these settings:
mediator.png

You can get the Akella Storm 2 Enging by pressing add and searching for the engine.exe
Make sure you select the Direct3D 8
Now go to the Pipeline tab:
Mediator2.png

Here you can select which plugins you want to use. I've picked some here which should make the game look better.
After you've selected the plugins you can set the settings for these plugins. In the Common tab you can set some things like showing FPS for checking etc.
All plugins I choose are from SweetFX so I go to the sweetfx tab:
Mediator3.png
Here you can set the settings for the different plugins. For example here you see the setttings for the FXAA.

After you've set everything the way you want it press "Apply" in the top right corner.
Now go back to the First tab and press the "Permanent Push to Application" button. This will make the appropriate files in the potc folder. After this you could remove the Mediator etc again if you want because everything is set in potc. If you want to change it you can do that and you need to push it again.

Please let me know if you guys can get it to work now.

I have been trying it for a while and today when I do things it does not give the error messages, but it also does nothing.

I also tried it with John Silver's HOO game and it makes no difference that I can see. :shrug I tried it in both OGL and DX10/11.

I installed it with win7,8,& 10.
I installed that now and will try it out, but I crashes the game the second time!First a new install again
and a new reshade install too. Thanks for the hint:)
PS. I like installing.

It's worth mentioning that even on my older computer with the settings to the max with Reshade I still have above 25 fps during an 12 ship battle :p.

Back