• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved encounters

rkimbal45

Landlubber
Why is it that when I use the world map and have an encounter I always end up in the middle of a caravan of 6 ships and they all pummel me. Instead of appearing a distance away and then hunting them? so 2 questions. is there a way for the random encounters generated from the world map to begin no quite so close to the enemy? and can I only have 1 or 2 ships sometimes or only way too many ships at once. also I notice i never run into ships in direct sail, or very rarely. is there a setting or is this just bad luck?

You can initiate encounters on the worldmap at a distance by doing so yourself manually.
You do sometimes encounter small convoys or even lonesome ships.
There should be encounters in DirectSail mode too, though it's been reported that only works with Accurate Navigation ON.

It's a different code method used to make the mod work.
There's "Cell Navigation" and "Accurate Navigation".
The second actually uses the worldmap coordinates of the islands.

Hello,

Firstly, it’s my first post, so I wish to thank everyone who contribute to making this truly amazing mod. THANK YOU!

I have the same question as rkimbal45 seven years ago ;) (as you see I have tried to find answer).

Is there a possibility to approach a ship (encounter) from world map and not start so close to this ship? Pieter Boelen wrote that ” You can initiate encounters on the worldmap at a distance by doing so yourself manually”, but how to do it? When I’ve tried to go to 3D view (from world map) before engagement box is displayed I were unable to find these ships.

Second question: When I change view from worldmap to 3D and revert all encounters (that were on wolrdmap previously) disappears. Can I do something with that?

Thanks in advance,

Thorghar

Ps. I have Build 14 Beta 4.0.

I know there is a way to increase that distance, but I don't remember how.
Enabling the Open Sea Mod does do that though; you can do so at the top of InternalSettings.h .

The game engine doesn't remember the worldmap encounters when you leave the worldmap.
There is nothing that can be done about that.

Back