• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Planned Feature Enemies in dungeons don't respawn directly

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
4. Not sure if you can do something about this, but if you can, the better:
when switching exteriors/interiors, every person respawns. This is a good thing when in cities, but not so much when in caves/dungeons etc. As you do have an infinite amount of enemies when moving around. Plus, it is way to easy to “grind” yourself strong and rich by continuously moving in and out a cave to kill bandits, get infinite much loot and train melee and defense. (of course you can simply refuse to DO this. Still, the fact that it is possible kind of botheres me as a lore-friendly player..)

We might be able to add some kind of timer to randomly spawned enemies so they only respawn a day later or so. Would it be worth the trouble tough?
What do other think?

It has been like that since the unmodded game and I don't remember hearing much complaints about it. Except this one, apparently. :cheeky

I think this would affect mainly any locations that are set to ALWAYS have enemies, such as mainly dungeons.

I wouldn't object to this change, but it also doesn't sound like it needs to be a high priority. :no

It was even worse in the unmodded game. In at least some dungeons, e.g. the Redmond one, enemies respawned while you were still in there. You could keep going round until you were rich, bored or dead. At least now you can clean out the dungeon and nobody respawns until you leave and re-enter.

It was even worse in the unmodded game. In at least some dungeons, e.g. the Redmond one, enemies respawned while you were still in there. You could keep going round until you were rich, bored or dead. At least now you can clean out the dungeon and nobody respawns until you leave and re-enter.
I think that is the corpsemode that put an end to that. Because the characters aren't removed from the location, no replacement is triggered either.
That is actually one of the things that makes it easier to wreak havoc in towns because when you attack the soldiers,
they didn't get automatic reinforcements anymore (now rectified through an alternate approach) and when you change locations, the soldiers wouldn't care about what you just did. :facepalm

Back