• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Enemy ship excessively damaged after boarding

A.H

Privateer
I realized that all the ships that I board and capture are severely damaged after boarding them.. in most cases I don't even touch them, but in others I fire one or two shots at the most and the ship turns to be devastated..

Anyone encounter such problem as well?

Just had a battle with 10 ships.. boarded 9.. and on the last one, my game crashed :)

If future updates can have the feature of allowed to save game even during battle as in GOF/AOP, would be terrific.. otherwise lot of hard work is going to waste :fiddler

I realized that all the ships that I board and capture are severely damaged after boarding them.. in most cases I don't even touch them, but in others I fire one or two shots at the most and the ship turns to be devastated..
Did you take note of their damage prior to the battle starting?
Random ships get random damage when they're first generated. Navy ships less so than merchants and pirates.
Can't remember the exact numbers, but it is something that I once edited so I know that is defined somewhere in the code.

If future updates can have the feature of allowed to save game even during battle as in GOF/AOP, would be terrific.. otherwise lot of hard work is going to waste :fiddler
That is actually deliberately disabled. Because the whole "Save At Sea" functionality is a mod-added feature, it doesn't work entirely perfectly.
One issue is that, despite repeated attempts by @konradk who wrote the feature, it proved impossible to save the status of your cannons and sails.
So every time you'll load a "Save At Sea", your cannons will be fully loaded and you'll have hoisted full sails.
That is OK when in the middle of nowhere, but not OK while in battle. :facepalm

I actually never found out how to know the health status of a ship before/during battle.. do you mean when using spyglass i can see?

I actually never found out how to know the health status of a ship before/during battle.. do you mean when using spyglass i can see?
Spyglass and Sail-To menu can both tell you, depending on realism mode.

I saw now.. when i move spyglass around it shows 60%, then 61%, then 69% and number keeps changing.. not an accurate estimate but I guess I get an idea :) funny thought i never spot a ship with 90%+ :doff

I saw now.. when i move spyglass around it shows 60%, then 61%, then 69% and number keeps changing..
It is intentionally inaccurate. Better spyglass = more accuracy there.
I think Arcade Game Mode just gives you the actual numbers though.

Reactions: A.H
Back