• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Engine crash and something amiss

Actually, I recognize those files you DO have: they're the ones contained in the Update pack.
For some reason, you are missing all code files contained in the Main Contents Archive.

Are you sure you are installing with all THREE files from here in the same folder? Make sure you DO select the "Main Files" option.
And don't rename any of those 7-Zip files; they need to have their appropriate filenames, otherwise the installer doesn't "see" them.

Can you also check the size of your entire PotC installation folder? I'd quite like to know if anything else is missing.

Hmm.... Should be 10,4 GB in size and 28.931 files, 1.558 folders. How come you have less size, but more files?!?

Anyway, if it's working that's a good thing at least.

Mine is 9.93 GB, 28,783 files, and 1559 folders. It seems there is room for some variation in size.

Odd. I know I removed a couple of files in my game version that aren't being removed by the installer yet.
But that shouldn't make that much of a difference. Well, as long as it works..... :shrug

wew..mine is just 9.72GB with 28,743 Files, 1,558 Folders.
strange..:confused: --and im worried if this is causing some problems with the game..lack of files..:read

For the Chevrolet quest to find the duct ship sail to Boca De yuma um is it supposed to teleport you there cause it's not doing it for me

The Chevrolet Quest??? o_O

1967_chevrolet_camaro-pic-10162.jpeg

Anyway, if a quest log tells you to sail there, it usually means you have to go there manually.

Those things are junk. My 1967 Ford Mustang is a far superior automobile. It was the only car I owned for 14 years and I still own it.

't Wasn't my idea to go talking about Chevrolets. But it seems there is a quest about them in the game. :wp

What history? It was slow then with a small motor. Ford had a bigger supercharged motor, Chrysler had the mighty Hemi, Pontiac had the 389, and Buick and Oldsmobile had 401 V8s.
The only advantage that thing had was it was cheap. So the hot rodders souped them up so they could keep up with everyone else.
That still holds true today. Do you know that the all time winningest manufacturer in NASCAR history is Ford? That record goes back to the 1950s.

My biggest problem with my Fords is the deliberate sabotage by bow tie BOYS. $6,000 damage to one car alone. They vandalize it in parking lots and in my driveway. Been doing it for decades too.
Chevrolet = criminal. Criminal = chevrolet.

:rofl..oh man..the forum makes you forget your problems some times..hehehe
still..i like the '57 chevy better than '67 ford mustang..harhar:aar hehehe:razzxD

i meant for the chevalier quest for the dutch ship Vogelstruijs and boca de yuma doesnt show in the sail to area and i sailed there but the anchor icon isnt.

but i like the cars:woot
lamborghini-wallpaper-.jpg

Last edited:
For all you Chevrolet fans out there... here's a REAL Corvette:
RN_Corvette_new1.png

Top speed is a staggering 12.5 knots, and it does 0-60 in... er, well, did I mention it has really sleek lines?
:razz

Back