• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine.exe crash

j20

Landlubber
Hi,

I've installed and followed instructions (i think) for build 13/14.9 and every time i want to start a new game, the game starts loading but before it finishes the screen minimizes to my desktop and a message pops up saying engine.exe has encountered an error. I know im doing something wrong, but i need someone to give me a detailed step by step guideline. Also, this may have something to do with the crash, i noticed that when i ran the RunMe Bat thing, it couldn't find 2 files.

Thanks in advance.

ok, here are the steps:

1) install B13 final on top of original Pirates of the Caribbean (this means that you must run the runme.bat)
2)install B10 alpha Full on the top of B13 final (do not forget the runme.bat)
3) just extract the B10 alpha fix.
you will see more than 2 file missing, but it`s ok, because some of them have been already copied, moved, renamed or deleted, so do not worry.
enjoy the game and leave some feedback on forum or let the others know about (i hope little) bugs :rolleyes:

Similar problem happening to me. It begins to load for a few seconds and the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Window pops up with "Runtime error!" "abnormal program termination"

I'm going to uninstall and reload everything.

V/R Aaron S.

Is it ok if i just install the game (without the mods) and show you the error log? As the game seems to crash even when i have removed the mods.

Sorry for the double post, but i wanted to post my error log. Didn't know which ones you wanted so i just posted everything new that appeared after i played the game and it crashed.

EDIT: I solved the problem by downloading Swiftshader. Although that logo is annoying.

Attachments

• system.log
    374 bytes · Views: 146
  • compile.log
    458 bytes · Views: 136
Get the SwiftShader version from our Downloads section instead:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=downloads
It's got the logo removed.

Today, I can't start the game :shrug

I've got a black screen + dialogue box :
Failed engine.exe version 1.0.0.1 module Xinterface.dll version 0.0.0.0 address 0x0002F100

Any help ? :?

It looks like the file Xinterface.dll in the Pirates of the Caribbean / modules folder has been damaged.

If you have another copy of PotC installed on your hard drive ( earlier build Mod ) try copying the Xinterface file over from that. Otherwise you may have to reinstall :sad

Thanks for your help but I found what was the problem. The Xinterface.dll was not damaged but instead the options file that the game creates when you modify the default settings. Really weird. Hopefully, I've just had to delete this file and not install the game again :)

Excellent sluething! :onya :onya :onya

I just deleted the "options" folder and my B14 is working again. :shoot:

Back