• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved engine.exe crashes when loading, ShiftShader does not function

I asked that once, and yeah, the "the sword of triton": thingy...is like the sweeps, with the BLACK PEARL.., it just makes you faster.:onya :yes (the SHIP, i mean)

You active the Sword of Triton ability just like any other ability at sea: Press [Enter] and select it in the menu. :shrug

How to use the bow chaser that's my question in the movie the queen ann's reveng could spit fire if this is in the game to tell me how to use them

Just fire your bow chasers and fire will come out. They work exactly the same as any other cannon.
It really is beyond me what there is to not understand.

Bizarrely enough, people have been asking this question before. NO clue why.
It is automatic, NO user action required at all. Couldn't be simpler.
Find a ship, aim your bow at them, press Space to fire your cannons and voilà.

Look I just bought the game disc version, after installation I'm getting engine has stopped working, whenever I click new game, I'm abit of a noob still so I beg of someone to help me out here, thanks

:ahoy

More information would help. Does the stock game work? Where did you install it? Are you using Intel graphics?

Ok I bought it from amazon, it was shrink wrapped and in good condition outwardly, no the stock game does not work, I literally get in to the menu, all fine so far, then I will click new game, and every time, it will load for a second or two, then crash to deskto with the message ENGINE ENGINE has stopped working, I installed it first to my e drive then to program files 86 in the c drive, both with the same reslult, erm, bare with me here lol, how would I know if Im Using intel graphics? Like is there a way you could tell me to find out so I could tell you? Lol

Ok, you do not want to install it to "program files". Windows security will not let it work. Anywhere else is ok. I use D: POTC.

To find out what you have: Click on Start--->control panel--->system--->device manager. Then click on display adapters. That will tell you what you have.

Ah I see, iv followed the page, and the first step which asks me to find e nvidia control panel. It comes up saying nvdia display options are not available, you are not currently using a display attach to an nvidia gpu? I'm a noob so I'm not sure what that means lol

I do not have a laptop so this could easily be wrong, but methinks you need to set your power profile from power savings to performance. This is because the Nvidia GPU uses a lot more power than intel.

Hmm I think this is going to need my full attention, so tomorrow, the battle begins between me and the PC, sorry not laptop I forgot to specify. I will play this game lol :D I thank you for your prompt replays dude, il let you know how I fare lol

Back