• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Engine.exe has stopped working

gilgolf

Landlubber
I have seen this question pop up everywhere but no answer. On windows 7 and vista for some people you can start the game but when you click new game it crashes. Does anyone have any mod/fix for this?

This may be related to installing to the default "Program Files" directory in Windows 7 and Vista. gilgolf, if you haven't tried this yet, uninstall the game and try installing to C:\Games or something. If you still get the problem after that, then it is probably not Windows related. What are the rest of your computers specs mate?

I have tried changing the directory but no joy. I have installed it on a older xp computer but the specs on the windows 7 comp are much higher. Not sure what you mean by stock version but I did purchase the game a long time ago. It does this with or w/o mods

Stock game, is the game as it comes... so NO MODS

Im going to guess that your computer has an intel graphics card

Read the FAQ located on the forum: PotC Build Mod: Build Mod and Forum FAQ

Look for the part of swiftshader (NOTE: causes the game to be laggy but does allow it to run)

How smooth does the game run with SwiftShader? Depending on how well that works, you can either install Build 14 Beta 1 (the latest and heaviest) or one of the earlier editions.

Back