• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

engineering/scripting

ecto

HoO Team Member
Programmer
Provisional
i just stumbled upon you guys while investigating other great pirating games to check out having recently fallen in love with sid meier's classic all over again.

i'm a senior level engineer by profession though, historically i have worked primarily in web technology. i have always wanted to get involved in a game project but have not had the opportunity to do so without a relevant past.

i have an excellent grasp of oop and am a practitioner of solid principles. i'm proficient with various vcs as well as writing unit tests. i have used c# professionally to a lesser degree but have refactored c# in former roles and can navigate c# bases efficiently. i also have an aging competency in c++ and have written several game trainers and text based console games.

i grew up writing games (chronologically) in basic, qbasic, pascal, c++ and eventually flash and a little unity for my own amusement. i would love the opportunity to learn sdlc from a game development perspective and learn the pains and pleasures of the process.

incidentally, i have also tinkered with unity to some extent in the past and still have a 4.x pro license.

i'm sure i can contribute in some way. i'm a very competent and resourceful engineer and love solving challenging problems.

thanks!

Welcome! I will send you a PM with contact info in it and we can get you started on a task straight away.

Back