• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help English Privateer Gambit

SD:TEHO

Freebooter
I played all the questline through but still have the feeling that i might have missed important clues. For example in my logbook is written that Charles has the feeling that he could meet John Merryman some day and i still don´t know if that has something to do with this questline or is going to happen in the future sometime afterwards. Some things are a bit strange in this Quest but might be normal or i only didn´t get the meaning.

I tried already to find answers in Steam Forums but couldn´t find anything there and didn´t get replies. It looks like more or less nobody plays for England ;)

On the other hand i´m not really satisfied with the benefit that this Quest gave to me. OK, you find some very good weapons and receive a good ship from Fleetwood but the money was half of the Dutch Gambit. I couldn´t even reach 1 Million for Michel, stayed with 800.000 Pesos in the end.
The Dutch Gambit i could finish with 1.500.000 Pesos which was really satisfying. Did i miss something in this Quest for England or has it to be like that?

In the end i even got hostile with the Dutch and couldn´t ask Fadey for help. Is there another possibility to get rid of that?

Last edited:
Just a simple question then. Is it possible to meet Joachim Merryman in the Dutch Gambit for the English Navy with Charlie Knippel and if, how?

In the end i even got hostile with the Dutch and couldn´t ask Fadey for help. Is there another possibility to get rid of that?

Ask abbe Benoit (or Benua?) for help. Martinique, church. He solves problems with Spain and Holland (Fadey only with England and France).

Just a simple question then. Is it possible to meet Joachim Merryman in the Dutch Gambit for the English Navy with Charlie Knippel and if, how?

I think it's impossible. At least I have not heard about such possibility.

For example in my logbook is written that Charles has the feeling that he could meet John Merryman some day and i still don´t know if that has something to do with this questline or is going to happen in the future sometime afterwards. Some things are a bit strange in this Quest but might be normal or i only didn´t get the meaning.

He will meet you in the "Caleuche" quest line.

On the other hand i´m not really satisfied with the benefit that this Quest gave to me. OK, you find some very good weapons and receive a good ship from Fleetwood but the money was half of the Dutch Gambit. I couldn´t even reach 1 Million for Michel, stayed with 800.000 Pesos in the end.
The Dutch Gambit i could finish with 1.500.000 Pesos which was really satisfying. Did i miss something in this Quest for England or has it to be like that?

It has to be like that. Main reward is a quest officer (who will always be loyal to you, no matter what kind of actions you perform) and a good ship.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
Big thanks for your help Korelius and your english is absolutely ok, you don´t have to excuse anything. Meanwhile i played all 3 Dutch Gambit questlines and must say that i enjoyed the Secret Organization most of all. Very exciting storyline and well paid in every way:

1. You can make the most money of all 3 questlines
2. You receive a very strong weapon of the game (a Horseman´s axe)
3. You can hire Hercule Tonzag (the bartender from Barbados), who is a very strong and staying boarder
4. When the quest is finished, you end up with the highest skills of all 3 questlines
5. You only have to work as a hitman in the first job of the quest, after that it turns to the same direction as both other questlines
6. If you give back the money (that you find on the secret island) to Abigail in the end, your reputation changes back to "Ordinary Honest Captain" and everything is fine again :)

Results.jpg

Last edited:
Back