• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Enhanced Smuggling

That raises the possibility of another quest, whether a random repeating quest or a one-off side quest. You have to hide a rebel passenger in that smuggling hold. You're the Caribbean equivalent of Han Solo carrying Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi in the original "Star Wars" film.
I like this idea!

@Pieter Boelen
the upgrade shouldn't be shown in the shipyard interface, because you don't want the owner to know you have it. it shouldn't affect the price of your ship that much either. So it wouldn't be that much of a problem.
I think the first one of the list I posted should be doable. and one of the others. I will take a look which one. I think it's going to be the ship upgrade.
It also depens on how much time I need to fix other stuff etc.

the upgrade shouldn't be shown in the shipyard interface, because you don't want the owner to know you have it.
The interface is purely for the player's benefit.
And surely if you have an upgrade installed on your ship, you want to be able to see that you have it? o_O

I will see and get back at this. It all depens on how much time I have in the first place :p.

Anyone got the smugglers to tell them the patrol intensity already? any comments on it?

Cheers mates,

after having some time to play this now, there are some things I stumbled over.

I thought that talking and questing would increase leadership. It does, but not always. For example, protectuing a maid from rapers increases leadership, while talking a group of brigands in joining my crew does not. The whole quests around smuggling does not increase anything, neither leadership not luck (except the gambling).
The govenor quest for smuggling you man? It should at least increase your relation to the nation. I believe it should also give xp but need to check.

The govenor quest for smuggling you man? It should at least increase your relation to the nation. I believe it should also give xp but need to check.

No, not yet tested the governors smuggling quest. I meant the usual quest got from the local smauggler at the tavern.
Oh and by the way, the soldiers are not both talking and attacking, when I am caught. Very good work!
:aar

I meant the usual quest got from the local smauggler at the tavern.
The only reason that is a "quest" is so you've got a reminder in the Questbook. Other than that, it is just regular dealings with the smugglers.
The reward you get for that is the money for the sale.

Though, technically, since you get XP for doing business at the Store too, I suppose it would make sense to give XP for dealing with the Smugglers too.
But I'd imagine you should get Luck there, not so much Leadership.

Enabling play for bad reputation characters is indeed the #1 mod I would really still want to add to the game!
That combined with some other changes to reputation and a link to fame too.
It could be so awesome! But I can't do it until I find the time AND the game is in a stable state (for fear of me temporarily breaking stuff again).

While many quests do give Leadership, it all depends on what quest it is.

@Levis: You reckon some XP could/should be given upon completing any Smuggling Runs?
you get some XP already from smuggling:

AddPartyExpChar(pchar, SKILL_COMMERCE, 50*makeint(PChar.rank));
AddPartyExpChar(pchar, SKILL_SNEAK, 10*makeint(PChar.rank));

But I guess we might want to increase it a bit, and I could give some XP for different ways of procuring the times as well.
Also need to check if opium smuggling gives XP, don't know that one for sure....
But I don't really see how I can add leadership to it.

it's there a common quest you can do for the pirates?

Back