• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Error in crew quantity

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
Found this in my compile log:

Error!!! Overup maximum crew quantity (character=1433)

The character is a treasure pirate. Some other errors were present for him as well:

EA: Error: Group Treasure_Pirate, Island Oxbay
SEA: Error: Find locators Group , Locator

He did spawn correctly in the bay. His crew also seemed to be normal, not sure about the reported error or what it means. There was no error log.

Could be they sailed over a swimming sailor while having no space left on board.
I'm not sure if that's what indeed happened. But it might explain it....

No locator for a ship is no problem as then they'll just be generated right next to you when entering 3D sailing mode.

Interesting, but can't be for the swimming sailor, they had just been generated. It probably was right after they got hit with the cannon blast from the fort, right after opening the scene. Unless their own guy got knocked off themself, but then when would picking him up again run them over?

Nothing weird happened in game, and the same guy didn't generate the error subsequently. If there is nothing obvious here maybe not worth tracking down, was only reporting in case this was some kind of known thing. Only noticed it because I've had my head in compile logs to work on the AI thing.

I think NPC ships can pick up sailors, but I'm not sure.
Those only get generated when a ship sinks though, so indeed it seems like an unlikely explanation.

Back