• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Error in dialog file(s)

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
Hi,

If I talk to some people they will say only this 'error' log

Does anyone knows why I get those?

Attachments

• Error message.jpg
    Error message.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 128
Which storyline?

This one is in the Assassins storyline when I'm talking to the captain of one of the Galleons before take Aruba. On the third Galleon is no captain in the cabin? I've been there to check if there is some valuable loot in the chests.

I remember one in the Tales of a Sea Hawk either. As you get into the kidnappers house before go to the Tavern in Saint Pierre in the 'Lucas Da Saldanha' quest and you talk to Francis Drake on the second floor I've also get this message if I talk to him.

You don't neef to talk to them to complete the missions but I was wondering why I get those messages if I talk to them.

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

You go into the house and try to talk to the kidnappers before going into the tavern and talking to the kidnappers? :facepalm Of course they will not talk to you! You are lucky doing that does not break the quest. :boom:

Yes I go to the Kidnappers house to loot the stuff there. Billy Brocks and Snorri aren't there but on the second floor are Francis Snake and Lucas and if I talk to Francis I get that error message.

Maybe it's better then to lock the house so you can't get in before going to the Tavern if it can break the quest?

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Better yet you go there to loot the house AFTER you collect Lucas Saldana.

This is probally due to the fact the character is already created in the character init while the Dialog file is only assigned lateron. We should probally just add a Default Dialog to them to say something like dont disturb me or give them a citizens Dialog untill they become active in the quest. I can look at this later.

Thic problem could easily be fixed by assigning a default dialog (like enc_walker or something like that) to all characters which don't have a dialog set to them yet. Then the quest will overwrite this when needed but till then you can talk to them without having an error. Altough I'm doubting. I could also just add this to the dialog system. So when an error occurs it just takes a simpel dialog file which doesn't show there is an error but it does print to the compile.log and maybe gives a onscreen message too.

Back