• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

error with Arturo Campos

samoja

Powder Monkey
when Arturo Campos runs to me at beach, his dialogue is empty, he does not attack and his death does not trigger the questbook, here is error report

COMPILE ERROR - file: storyline\Bartolomeu\dialogs\Arturo Campos_dialog.c; line: 31
Undeclared identifier: DLG_TEXT

update, in storylines-dialogs-Arturo Campos file it says

//#include "DIALOGS\Arturo Campos_dialog.h"

yet that file does not exists in any POTC directorie, furthermore, no other text files containing Arturo Campos exist in any map(i used search)

On second check; no, it's not. It should be in PROGRAM\Storyline\Bartolomeu\dialogs\ENGLISH but it isn't. :wacko:

The Arturo Campos_dialog.h is missing

It was originally missed in Build 14 Beta 1 patch 1 & does not appear in any of the next patches. :shrug

Attached is the file that Bartolomeu attached to a post seperately to fix Beta 1 patch 1 -- hopefully it should be Ok

Put the file in storyline\Bartolomeu\dialogs\ English -- with all the other .h files for the storyline

Attachments

• Arturo Campos_dialog.h
    502 bytes · Views: 248
The Arturo Campos_dialog.h is missing

It was originally missed in Build 14 Beta 1 patch 1 & does not appear in any of the next patches. :shrug

Attached is the file that Bartolomeu attached to a post seperately to fix Beta 1 patch 1 -- hopefully it should be Ok

Put the file in storyline\Bartolomeu\dialogs\ English -- with all the other .h files for the storyline

thanks

No Problem :cheers

I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the problem before - the file has been missing for 6-7 months - perhaps no-one has played the quest recently :cry

:beer

it works now

by the way, is that-that Bartholomew, one of two pirates that were set down pirate code (Morgan and Bartholomew)

That was Bartholomew Roberts, a different pirate.

Thanks Talisman. Sorry about missing that earlier; I'll be sure to include it in the next version. :yes

Thanks Talisman, I checked and it's the right dialog. file. By the way, I think you're right again : It seems nobody played my main quest these last months. (I'm going to think it's a waste of time making quests for Potc.....)

Yes, I know. But, I was talking of people who are not working for the BuildMod. Otherwise, Pieter, can you update your to-do list to know what is missing in build 14? I would be interested in knowing if there are a lot of mods to finish. In fact, I don't understand what is essential to release for Build14 and what isn't... Anybody knows?

I could, but that takes a lot of work to do properly and I don't haven't the time for it at the moment.
One thing we need is a fixed Capture Colonies mod with the Town Capture Boarding Locators.

Don't tell me nobody in the forum can do this.. :rolleyes:
That's exactly the problem of the BuildMod : the unfinished mods. :shrug

Very true. The Town Capture Boarding Locators could be done by pretty much anyone,
but my repeated requests haven't given us any results for quite a while. :(

Well, not just anybody could do it. I looked into that a few months ago. It seems two people were working on it a few years ago and gave up. I tried to follow what they were doing, got confused and stopped. Maybe if I tried to capture some towns I would have an idea of what is going on.

Back