• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Error

Shachafn

Landlubber
Hello,
I have recently seen this site, and after using PotC of akella i tried to install the new horizon mod.
But my game was installed in program files, so i needed to reinstall it to another folder.
When i tried to open the Setup.exe from the original disk, it appears in the process list for a sec, then disappears and wont open.
tried compability and safe mode.
therefore i restored to the last system restore point, and the game folder seems emptier, and when i try to start the game, i get this -
image.jpg

Please help me!

Did you uninstall the unmodded game properly?
If not, there may be a key left in the Windows registry that makes the installer think it is already installed.

Did you uninstall the unmodded game properly?
If not, there may be a key left in the Windows registry that makes the installer think it is already installed.
"An installation support file could not be installed" is what appears NOW when i try the Setup.exe from the UninstallPC folder. what can i do? cant even unistall it

I myself haven't used the actual CDs to install in many, many years so I cannot find what registry key it is that should be removed.
There is a site on the internet that claims:

To thoroughly delete its files, please follow the steps:

* Run Registry Editor

* Find and delete all registry entries of the program in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui

* Find and delete all files of the program in system folders C:\Program Files\, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.

But as far as I remember, that's not it.

What I use these days is a self-extracting EXE containing all required game files.
That's much simpler and faster.

@Shachafn Try to look in Program/users/ app.data/ virtual store. And see if
any thing is left in Program files, if delete it.

I myself haven't used the actual CDs to install in many, many years so I cannot find what registry key it is that should be removed.

* Run Registry Editor

* Find and delete all registry entries of the program in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui

* Find and delete all files of the program in system folders C:\Program Files\, C:\Document and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ and C:\Documents and Settings\%USER%\Application Data\.

What I use these days is a self-extracting EXE containing all required game files.

I have just looked over the registry and havent found anything relating to Akella, Potc or "Bethesda Softworks" which is the folder where PotC is in. what do you think I should do?

* Run Registry Editor

How can i install the game the way you do?

Back