• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Errors - Can't run the game.

BobbaFett

Sailor Apprentice
Ahoy mates!
Recently I have formatted my computer because I had to get rid of some files and wanted to clean it up after a long time, however, all went good until I installed Pirates of the Caribbean.
Whenever I try to run it, it always gives me an error.
Here's the picture:
untitled.JPG

HOWEVER, in the Device Manager I have some problems too, which I cannot fix, because I literally tried everything but it won't seem to work:

1.JPG

I do fear that the problem is being caused by those thingies.
I honestly admit, I do not know much about computers, anyone can figure what's the problem here?
Thanks a lot mates!

I don't know what the "Unknown device" is - you'd need to click on it and find more detailed reports. But the most obvious problem is that your graphics card, a.k.a. display adapter, needs a driver. If that's a laptop with integrated graphics, you may be able to get a suitable driver from the maker's website. Otherwise do a Google search for "3DP Edition v9.02" and "Chrome HC K8M980", and see if you can find a driver which works.

Greetings and thanks for replying.
The unknown device according to 3DP is the motherboard(?)
However, I used that program and it linked me to it's proper device, however, it's still marks the same, I don't know why. :nerbz

EDIT:

aaa.JPG

Last edited:
Question mark to the first one, yes to the second one.
Also, I don't think you can download it because it says 'Download: None'
Thanks for replying though!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

You will have to do a search yourself. I did find 2 other sites that do have the driver but I could not bookmark them.

I'll wait till I buy a new pc because I give up, none of the ones I tried work. :L
Thanks for the help, though, have a good day mates!

Greetings Pieter, I have done what the instructions said, however no files are comping up in the main game folder whenever I click Engine.exe for the error.

You have the game in Program Files? Perhaps that is messing things up. Again. :modding

I have fixed the graphics drivers somehow, but whenever I restart my computer, I have to redo the setup for the device also, the main stock game is in program files, but I have made some copies of the main game folder into the 'D:' drive, the only one that's in Program Files is the none modded game.

Computer being a bitch and won't let me edit my post, anyway guys, everything is fixed, thanks for the help. Cannot wait till I get a new computer and play the buildmod 14.
Cheers all!

:ship

Back