• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Eternal Villain

Olav_

Landlubber
So.... Ever since I cut ties with Marcus Tyrex, I've had trouble keeping my reputation as one of the good guys.
I pay my dues to the state, I pay my crew and keep em drunk and filled with food. My rep is always above "honest captain" but somehow I constantly get reduced to adventurer.

I thought it might be because of rep deteriation, that the rep always go to default over time. But suddenly I stand in the tavern with one of my officers accusing me of being a vagabond, villain or an employer of such and basically tells me he can't stand my guts. And if I let the rep go to default I very often see my rep decrease into rascal and lower even though I'm not directly involved in brigandage. I'm done with the "FTJR" dlc and currently doing the main. just met Calhoun.

Game mechanic or is there a part of a seaman's life I might've missed?

I didn´t play FTJR because i don´t like it but i could find out the following for you:

1. You have to kill the girl named Mirabel when she shows up while you and Picard are plundering the merchant in his house (Pirate trade features - part two).

2. After finishing FTJR, you have to talk to your brother Michel again.

If you didn´t fulfill one or both of these two requirements, your reputation will decrease forever.

Hm... I did not kill Mirabel. Though i did not deliver her to Isla Mona either, she died of an illness while on the ship.
Kinda weird that I should lose rep for not killing a prostitute.

After the FTJR, at some time one has to talk with Michel. Though i chose to cut ties with Tyrex before attacking Cartagena.
I went to speak with Michel instead of joining the Tyrex fleet.

I think it shouldn´t matter which way she died because if she is dead, she can´t decrease your reputation anymore.

I don´t know if your decision in terms of Tyrex has any influence on your reputation later on but i don´t think so too. Most important thing should be that you spoke to Michel after all.

Anyway, i can´t help you any further with your problem. You should ask the game experts in the steam forum now and use google translate if they answer in russian:

Reputation :: Sea Dogs: To Each His Own General Discussions [ENG]

Good luck!

From other discussions on this topic from the Steam forum there is a bug with the English version of the game that causes the character attribute "CharleePrince", that is gained when starting the FTJR quest line, to fail to be removed like it is supposed to when talking to Michel after the end of Nemesis. In the Russian version of the game this trait is removed at that time. In the English version that line of code is missing. That is what people who have looked at the code have said. Unfortunately they have never patched this bug, and it is fairly annoying when you are trying to play a good character.

I'm not sure if killing Mirabelle somehow removes that line of code, no one mentioned that.

There is a way to manually remove it using the console in Hook's mod. In the console file you just insert the following line into the body, then execute the console.

DeleteAttribute(pchar, "questTemp.Mtraxx.CharleePrince");

Once you do this you can delete the line and save the console file again.

I do this in all my games, and it works to stop the constant rep drain.

Link to the discussion and code

Loyalty and reputation Drop :: Sea Dogs: To Each His Own General Discussions [ENG]

You can see from the discussion that without deleting it you get -1 nobility every 5 days... forever... along with the negative reaction from positive aligned officers every 10 days =P.

On the bright side, if you have all swindlers to bloody killers then you get a positive reaction from them every 10 days forever.

Last edited:
My gratitude for the answers!

I shall endavour to peruse the links and check out Hook's mod.
I'm a sucker for being a good guy in games, since whenever I do free play I'm all about the trade and money.

I will report back my findings.
PS: if this works, how do I change the pre-title to "solved"?

no problem, I certainly understand, as I generally do the same. I have some kind of weird issue hurting fake character's feelings.....

That being said, even in my bad play through's I still delete the attribute =P. Mostly because there are some things that require a neutral rep to get, like sanctify a ship. If you get -1 nobility every 5 days you pretty much stay a monster unless you are running around doing good guy quests constantly. As far as evil officers and their loyalty go... they are super easy to maintain even if you keep a neutral rep. Hell I bet I could keep a saintly rep and still have max loyalty on them... they must stand at the railings and cheer whenever you throw a crew overboard, cause they gain so much loyalty.

I will report back my findings.
PS: if this works, how do I change the pre-title to "solved"?

Maybe you have to ask a Administrator for it because the Thread Tools don´t seem to offer it.

Last edited:
Back