• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

European Barque

Interesting. So maybe if we continue to use the gaff tops'l, we should restrict the barques (only Barque1, Barque2 and BarqueHeavy) to the last two game periods (spanning 1770 - 1830).
I'm not too worried about the exact date they first used them, so using those two periods for variety's sake should be fine.

The problem with that is that the rig proportions are all wrong for post American Revolution ships, and are oldfashioned for ships of the Revolution. I think the best solution would just be to remove the gaff tops'ls for now until we get more modern models made.

Stays are more or less in place now and some sort of stay sail will go in front of the gaff.
EB-6.jpg

Nice! Based on what Post Captain said, though, you'll probably have to remove the gaff tops'l, because the rest of the rigging isn't modern enough.

No code adjustments required?
We'll be needing Armada's adjusted period chances for those new barques though.

BTW: Weren't the Barque1 and Barque2 originally a bit differently rigged?
The one was a "Barque" and the other an "English Bark", if I recall?

No. Barque 1 and 2 are European barques while the English bark is actually yacht 1 and 2. Completely different ships.

No code adjustments required?
We'll be needing Armada's adjusted period chances for those new barques though.

Since we're not including the gaff tops'l as Post Captain suggested, I reckon the barques can be used more or less as they are now.
Maybe just set their period 1 chances to zero and leave the rest as-is.

I just looked at barqueheavy and that is another ship that was trashed by Akella. All that could be done to it is removing the mizzen on mast 4. Hardly worth the bother.

Back