• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Discussion Excited and thankful!

@Grey: I found out those differences the hard way. After I captured the Manila I was pretty emboldened but it seems tier 3 and tier 4 is quite the jump, at least between those two particular models. I could grapeshot it and board quickly but me & my crew simply weren't capable of taking on the dutch marines and to try and have a prolonged battle was just suicidal. Pieter's virtual country-men are apparently not push-overs.

@Pieter:
Well one tiny bit of help would be that I am having trouble with the download for the Ines Dias tool. My satellite internet can be "picky" with links and it seems the ones directly hosted on piratesahoy.net aren't so compatible. Know of a mirror/alternate download?

As for ship communication... exciting stuff! If it was working it opens up several really cool gameplay potentials (that would be a challenge, but I think in theory do-able). Being able to potentially trade cargo, request food rations, you could enable "Navy Officer" players to impress crewmen, and for pirates you could have an attempted "deception" involving false-flagging and requesting food/water in order to launch a surprise boarding (where the victim vessel would suffer a strong moral penalty) but if they "call your bluff" you'd wind up on the receiving end of a broadside when attempting to approach, or a demanding low-moral vessels to join you. Jeez, that's quite the wishlist. I better learn to get good at coding.

it seems tier 3 and tier 4 is quite the jump, at least between those two particular models
In case it helps, the tier numbers are directly linked to the maximum number of crew.
The formula for that is somewhere at the bottom of PROGRAM\Ships\ships_init.c .

Just so you know, "Pieter" is a different forum member than me. ;)
If you want to tag me with the @ character, you have to add my last name too.
But you can also use my first name without the @ sign. I read pretty much everything on the forum as soon as I can anyway. ;)

Well one tiny bit of help would be that I am having trouble with the download for the Ines Dias tool. My satellite internet can be "picky" with links and it seems the ones directly hosted on piratesahoy.net aren't so compatible. Know of a mirror/alternate download?
Maybe @Grey Roger could help with that?
The link should work and at the moment there isn't really a mirror, if I recall.

As for ship communication... exciting stuff! If it was working it opens up several really cool gameplay potentials
Yes it would! I couldn't agree more. :woot

Being able to potentially trade cargo, request food rations, you could enable "Navy Officer" players to impress crewmen, and for pirates you could have an attempted "deception" involving false-flagging and requesting food/water in order to launch a surprise boarding (where the victim vessel would suffer a strong moral penalty) but if they "call your bluff" you'd wind up on the receiving end of a broadside when attempting to approach, or a demanding low-moral vessels to join you.
That's some wonderful idea right there! I like them.
Regardless of implementation, you should post those in the related thread so they don't get lost to Davy Jones' Locker. :onya

Just so you know, "Pieter" is a different forum member than me. ;)
If you want to tag me with the @ character, you have to add my last name too.
But you can also use my first name without the @ sign. I read pretty much everything on the forum as soon as I can anyway. ;)
If I type "@ Pieter" (without the space, I didn't want that to become a tag), it auto-completes to "@ Pieter Boelen" - at least, it does if I pause a moment to let auto-complete happen, which I usually do because I'm lazy and only type "@" plus the first two or three letters of the name. Then it auto-completes and I get a valid tag without any typos. Which means I'm liable to tag you by typing "@ Pie". xD

Maybe @Grey Roger could help with that?
The link should work and at the moment there isn't really a mirror, if I recall.
I'm not sure how I can help. Except to say that the "Downloads" link from "Modding Tools" leads to "http://www.piratesahoy.net/link-forums/modding-tools.118/", which changes to "http://www.piratesahoy.cloud/?cd=Tools", which brings up a page saying that the domain has expired and wants to sell the domain to me. Unfortunately I haven't looted any real treasure ships lately so I'm not in the market for a new domain.

It expired!?! That's not good...

If you have the TOOL files, maybe you can upload it somewhere?
I sent a message to Armada about the domain name.
It isn't his, but I don't have time to chase up on it with Keith. :facepalm

Thanks to you, @Armada and @Keith, we now know what happened.
The server was just moved, so this link should work:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/cloud/repository/Tools/Modeling+Texturing/Inez Dias Tool.rar

Back