• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Expanding the Warfleet

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
What's up with this? I go to the shipyard, he says the ship is too small. I get a bigger ship, he says I think people are a playing with you ask around. I ask governor, tavern keeper and shopkeeper. No one has anything to say. What am I missing?

Must have missed it. Those "Fetch Quests" still need some work, but I haven't the time yet to look into it and @Levis is too busy at the moment as well.

At least he talked to you. I got nothing but an entry in my log book. The shipyard and tailor fetch quests are broken.

Confirmed. On the standard storyline, there was at the start only one fetch quest, and this was with the shipyard. I brought a good fleet with a lot of free cargo, but he said that the ship was too small. They are not just broken, but they appear very rarely.

I have a look in the fetch quest files. Found this:if(HasSubStr(Locations.id, "hipyard")).
Maybe it shut be shipyard.

We are humans; we all have our fails and sometimes things don't work well :p

@ANSEL , do you think you could do an upload of the archive of the fetch quest with your fix? That would be great :)

Oh, and congratulations for your promotion ;)

Well,i am not a coder,and now my head is spinning. I think there is more of that stuff around.
I have to wait and get some rest.I havent write in english for about 50 yers.

Attachments

• quests_common.c
    151.3 KB · Views: 72
Yes! I was working on a nother file, but windows 8.1 destroyed my work. I use to work with XP.The new computer killing me.
P.s Where do you install the game, not in program files I know? And can i delete the file about, I am not well about it?

I do not like win8.1 either.

Yes, install POTC to your hard drive. For example: D: POTC.

I think this file might help the fetch quest running.
Please tell me if it works.

Attachments

• quests_common.c
    151.4 KB · Views: 64
Place the file above in program/Quest
The file below in program/program/quest

Attachments

• quests_common.c
    150.7 KB · Views: 86
Could you be a little more specific with your instructions for the 2nd one? No coffee yet..........Where is the bleary eyed trying to wake up smiley when I need it?:rumgone

About the second one: In the map PROGRAM, there is a folder called program, in this,in my install,there is a folder called quest.
Is that right? Or have I made amistake

This is what I have and this install is well over a year old.
program.jpg

Maybe You can try the first one, and forget about the second one.

LOL! I already have the first one installed and will see how it works. I'm on a treasure quest right now. :pirates

Back