• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Exploit with Musket with Knife Bayonet

KillPhil

Corsair
Storm Modder
If your character equips a musket and has a knife (for muskets) in his inventory, he can avoid the reload time of the musket.

I don't exactly how this goes but as far as I understand, here is what happens:
I have a normal blade equipped. I shoot with the musket. Now somehow the game adds the knife to the musket and I have the musket as blade weapon. So I don't have a Gun equipped anymore. If I press F now, the musket gets cloned, appears as gun again (which looks pretty funny, your player looks like rambo, one musket in each hand), and is loaded. If you shoot, all starts from new - meaning that you have like 1-2 secs waiting time between musket shots.

:modding So it's pressing the F that makes things happen which shouldn't.
I'll check when I get time.

Even better: as soon as you shoot the musket your musket gets automatically equipped with a knife :shrug If you have no knife left in the inventory, the bug doesn't occur.

as soon as you shoot the musket your musket gets automatically equipped with a knife
That sounds more like the idea than a bug. After a shot you should get a bladeitem equipped: a musket with a
knife bayonet.

yeah but it always gets equipped. Which is kinda dumb because my normal blade is an english officer sabre which behaves definitly better than those knives ;)

yeah but it always gets equipped. Which is kinda dumb because my normal blade is an english officer sabre which behaves definitly better than those knives ;)
It's a musket with bayonet. So it's a gun and a sword in one.
It is supposed to switch to bayonet after shooting.

The idea is supposed to be that as you're holding a musket, which requires both hands, you wouldn't be able to wield that sabre. Instead, you automatically plug the bayonet into the musket and effectively get a spear. The musket+bayonet it a more effective weapon than the bayonet by itself, but still not as good as the better swords.

That's why I confiscate all my officers' muskets when I give them decent swords. And as soon as I get a decent sword, I equip a pistol instead of my own musket.

I have tested exactly the case @Pillat described (problem with the F-button). But I can't repeat it.
Maybe it can happen if you got 2 muskets in your inventory, not sure. But if so it's Rambo time.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. It only works if you have multiple muskets (and knives?) in your inventory

Back